Valentine’s Day has become a day built exclusively around women. A month or so before February 14th, men are bombarded by advertisements for chocolates, jewelry, flowers and so forth. The men are expected to come through and dazzle their sweetie with a gift and affection. Of course, and all men know this tidbit of info; the more expensive the gift, the more affection he will receive. I mean, give your hunny a diamond necklace and she will pretty much have to…..you know. “That is the only thing he really cares about,” say some ladies, probably. But not true for the most part. Valentine’s Day is a very stressful time for males in making this day special. Anything to calm our nerves is much appreciated. Just saying. It would also help us for you to know what would make our Valentine’s Day special as well. To help our female readers lift the stress on their mates, I present a guide exclusively for females simply titled: Bman’s Guide For
VD Valentime’s Valentine’s Day.
1) Do not give us a card with a meaningful, heartfelt message inside. This gives us the most stress. As a rule of thumb, guys don’t like receiving cards and especially don’t like picking them out. It’s so difficult for us to find the right message for you that someone else wrote. I mean, how can someone else possibly know how we feel about you? Absurd if you ask me. Cards don’t last in the males possession for longer than 8 minutes anyway,( unless it’s a card with a nurse or a librarian on the cover. Men do appreciate women in the health care and education fields).
2) Cologne isn’t a good gift. Men are generally pretty content with their natural scent. There is a wide range of these scents depending on the male and what they have just recently eaten. Cologne isn’t a gift for the man anyway; it’s a gift for you. It makes us think you do not like how we smell naturally. I’ve alway thought Lava or Life Buoy had a good scent to them and figured most anyone would enjoy smelling the aroma. Cologne also makes us feel that you are marking your territory.
3) Before going out on the town for a nice dinner, make sure you compliment the man in your life on how well he is dressed for the occasion. If you see something you do not approve, be discreet to correct it and be sure to include a compliment before correction, (Oh Hunny! I love how you wear those rainbow suspenders! You have such class and style! Just think how much better they would look under this sweater, though!) Side note: ignore any mustard stains on a shirt. It’s hard to spot a yellow hue in dimly lit restaurants anyway.
4) Do not text an ex boyfriend, “Happy V-D!” This creates instant panic and a forces a call to Public Health.
5) Nothing shows romance more than beer, especially if it’s a 7-pack. Giving the gift of beer truly means that you love us and want to make us happy. Romance in men doesn’t come naturally, remember that. We weren’t programmed for it. Deal with it. That is exactly why beer was invented by a female probably. Want romance on Valentine’s Day? Then we must have beer. Sit back and watch the romance pour out of us in a reasonably short amount of time.
6) Please understand that men can’t possibly remember all the important dates on a calender. Occasionally, it will happen when a man simply forgets Valentine’s Day. Just remember that it doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you. The timing of the date of Valentine’s Day isn’t an ideal one sandwiched between the Superbowl and President’s Day. It is easy to see how it can be forgotten. Plus, Groundhogs Day is also in February. Give the guy some slack if he forgets. With all of the holidays in February, one is sure to be forgotten from time to time.
So ladies, I hope this helps. Following these steps will ensure a memorable and stress-free Valentine’s Day.Share