Apparently there is a “dumbest comment” competition

From HotAir:

“You win by giving people a choice. You win by giving people the opportunity to see a different vision for our country, not someone who’s just going to be a little different than the person in there. If you’re going to be a little different, we might as well stay with what we have instead of taking a risk with what may be the Etch A Sketch candidate of the future,” Santorum told a crowd at USAA.

Really? It’s better to keep Obama than have Romney? That is really the stance he’s going to take?

Romney did respond by stating he’s “disappointed to hear that Rick Santorum would rather have Barack Obama as president than a Republican.”

13 Responses to Apparently there is a “dumbest comment” competition

And so signals the end of the Santorum campaign.

Dueling dumbasses.

This would be the appropriate time for the term “jumped the shark”, wouldn’t it?

4. rj says:

unfriggin believable, these idiots are gonna blow the oportunity of my lifetime

5. Locke n Load says:

Ah now come on. I’ll grant you that was HORRIBLY phrased but he’s expressing EXACTLY what we say when we talk about running a Leftists vs a democrat-lite calling himself a Republican. Given the choice, most opt for the least wishy washy so the Doles and McCains get their asses handed to them.

That said, that was an INCREDIBLY awkward way to describe the choice presented an electorate. I mean BOTH feet in the mouth bad. And this, sadly, is Rick’s real weakness. Given a minute or two to clarify you’d realize he wasn’t endorsing Obama over Mitt but elaborating on electoral realities … but WHY like that? Why give a 3 minute answer to a 10 second question when you have a habit of leaving juicy soundbites as low hanging fruit? The man is VERY often right, but even when he is he leaves himself open to mocking, misinterpretation, and ridicule. Just breaks my heart.
    I honestly trust the man twice as much as I trust Romney but he’s twice as bad as Romney at making gaffes like this. The Left will mock him into a caricature.

He has cracked under the pressure. Time for Churchy McSweatervest to pack it in.

7. Locke n Load says:

So we trade a more principled guy
    (i know, you dispute that) who can hammer Obama on Obamacare for a guy who changes positions like socks and who has utterly failed to convince me he has ANY intention of tearing Obamacare up by the roots.

I absolutely despise the East coast establishment Republican machine. Slimy Fabian asshats, every one.

8. A Guy says:

envious little bitch and his minions are going to cost us another 4 years. Like fucking groundhogs day going on here. I remember in 2008 all the fuckers who wouldn’t and didn’t vote for McCain because he was “too liberal” for their liking.

9. A Guy says:

Pardon my language, but it really upsets me to see our candidates tearing each other apart. The only things they should be talking about is THEIR policy and what a pile of crap the Obama administration has been.

I’m glad Rick Santorum has stayed in this race for this long because now I see exactly what a lousy leader he would make.

11. Doc says:

He needs to bow his head in shame & leave…period. NONE of th’ current crop of R.I.N.O.’s are worth much. BUT…I’ll vote for ANY ONE OF THEM OVER the socialist apologizer.

…I’ll vote for Daffy Duck if he’s the Republican nominee over “o-bow-mao-i’m-sorry” this coming November.

12. RJ says:

Churchy Mcsewatervest…RD you crack me up.

13. Lyun says:

I can only say thank the whoever that in OZ the political meanderings are a lot different.