Michelle Bachmann Becomes Swiss Citizen

Maybe she’s tired of American politics. Actually, from the clip, it sounds like she’s not much interested in Swiss politics either.

What’s this all about?” From the Houston Chronicle:

Marcus Bachmann reportedly began the process to claim his citizenship on Feb. 15, according to POLITICO. That process was finalized on March 19, giving Michele citizenship as well, the website reported.

Bachmann’s three youngest children are now Swiss citizens too, and her two older children also eligible to apply.
The Minnesota congresswoman was interviewed by Swiss reporters in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday while with a group of Swiss parliamentarians and she discussed her family’s heritage.

“My husband is a 100 percent Swiss, and his parents were raised in Switzerland, they were married there, they came to the United States, they bought a farm in Wisconsin and raised their three sons there,” Bachmann said in the interview.”

10 Responses to Michelle Bachmann Becomes Swiss Citizen

Ten years ago I would have said that divided loyalty isn’t loyalty at all. My sense of patriotism has faded since then. If I could have a free “Plan B” with no cost or responsibility now, I think I would take it.

Switzerland ain’t a bad place.

Gun rights as good as the US, a great economy and a pro-business environment.

According to the Heritage Foundation, it is freer than the US economically.

Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe she knows what’s coming to America and it’s citizens?

I hear she is changing her name to Swiss Miche. She wont be eligible to run for president again….

5. RUDE JUDE says:

I’ve heard it’s very hard to get into Swiss Land. I’ve seen/heard on news/documentaries how great it is to live there too.

6. RJM says:

Didn’t Serpico move to Switzerland and had dual citizenship?

RD- neutrality. Big plus. We don’t give a fick what your “plight” is …. But we are neutral!

I’ve seen the entrances to their storage facilities under the mountains. Contents include weapons, ammo, food, medical complexes, dormitories, generators, cafeterias, et al. And every home has an assault weapon and the knowledge to use them.

Mess with the Swiss, come home with your ass in a sling.

Okay, it turns out that Bachmann has been a Swiss citizen since 1978. Based on that, she had absolutely, positively no friggin’ business running for president. Holy shit! People are worked up because Obama had divided loyalties because he allegedly spent the first week of his life in Kenya and we had a presidential candidate who was actually a fucking citizen of another country? Are you shitting me?

It is one thing for John Q. Public to have dual citizenship but the damned president cannot. That is the whole fucking point of the “natural born citizen” clause of the Constitution: to preclude divided loyalties.

I like Bachmann but this is ridiculous. I am stunned at her stupidity here.

Sounds like it is a technicality.

Her statement that she has been a citizen since 1978 is based off a technicality – at the time of her marriage, automatic citizenship was granted to those who married Swiss citizens. However, Marcus Bachmann, her husband, did not register their marriage with Swiss authorities until this year – meaning that the Swiss government was not aware of it until recently.

I don’t think the US government recognized her dual citizen ship until recently.