“Barack Hussein Obama Desecrates 82nd Airborne Division Patch”

From wazenmentobe.com.

49 Responses to “Barack Hussein Obama Desecrates 82nd Airborne Division Patch”

1. MadBrad says:

Absolutely shameful.

2. rj says:

come on Brad, I’m sure it’l be a big find for some collector

I’m not an Airborne Infantryman, but I recoiled at the title.

Is this a real disgrace or just a sensational headline? I looked at the link and it seemed like someone making something from much ado…

Barry seems to at least be pretending to care with his weekly trips. That actually makes him more endearing. GW didn’t allow photo-ops, mind you – but at least Barry’s making the trip?

4. MadBrad says:

He’s the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces. He can sign the banner any way he wants to. It doesn’t matter because we get the last laugh.

5. MadBrad says:

In 2008 I had high hopes that the Jug-Eared Jackass would at least TRY to live up to the Kennedy Legacy that darling Caroline tried to explain that he is a part of. JFK is known as the legislative Father of the U.S. Special Forces. I thought that maybe BO would pick up and run with the campaign promise Hillary made during the Democrat Primary, stating that as President she would double the size of the Special Forces in order to reduce mission demand on conventional units. Dickhead could have really made some political hay by running with that.

No, there will be no “Barack Obama Special Warfare Center”, unless it’s in China.

Or Palestine…

Hat-tip to Brad on the C-I-C of the A-F comment.

I forget because he’s a worthless piece of shit.

To sum it up.

He wasn’t there. He doesn’t care.

He has no business signing anything like that .

F’m.

He IS the CIC of the armed forces… He (justifiably) can sign wherever the hell he wants.

_____________________

It should be an HONOR to have the CIC sign your patch. :-(

(I hate doing this, but I’m trying to prove a point.)

Obama blew his nose into it after his camera crew left.

11. jct says:

Revoistas need to spend the next 100 days focused on the real issues…economy, following the law, foreign relations, representative republic government, fitness to serve and promised kept.

If the CIC wants to comfort an injured soldier in this manner, it is appropriate and acceptable. Perhaps most of the comments relate to fitness to serve…but Revoistas need to hammer on the fundamentals.

The Obama campaign is in its “I’m a regular guy, true blue American, we are all in it together” advertising arc. Revoistas are challenged to put out the facts that don’t add up to the advertising.

I did not serve in the military, so I don’t think that I can fully appreciate the ire that is raised, but I do know that the military teaches a relentless focus on the objective.

The objective is ONE TERM, ONE TERM ONLY!

12. Dave j says:

My late father wore that patch on both shoulders….in the Ardennes, in Berlin and then later on his right while a SF patch was on his left. I dont think this pic would sit well with him.

13. TaterSalad says:

Since the servicemen (active) in the background of the picture didn’t have a beef……we shouldn’t either.

They can have ceremony with the flag after this prick leaves, complete with honor guard and lighter fluid.

14. TC says:

Anyone who believes this title is a moron. This is a signing op. Look at the rest of the banner for Christ’s sake (under his left arm and the top left corner, MULTIPLE other people had signed this before he did. Have none of you been somewhere and signed something together? That’s all that is happening here. I can’t even believe I have to make the effort to explain this.

TC: As a former member of the 82nd Airborne, I would say it isn’t necessarily defaced by signatures. It is, however, defaced by Barack Obama’s signature. Kind makes me want to puke…

I can’t even believe I have to make the effort to explain this.

• Jorge says:

as a CURRENT member of the 82nd, I understand and my role as a servant of the nation. My job does not require me to have political opinions. He is our Commander in Chief. Just because you don’t like him doesnt mean you have to like this article. In fact, it’s against UCMJ. He is a superior officer. You should behave like a soldier and realize that this article is complete bogus. I’ve had the president visit at Walter Reed. It was an honor to have him pin purple hearts on soldiers.

• R.D. Walker says:

Yeah, I was a grunt and a one enlistment term soldier. You know: The type of private citizen-soldier the Founders anticipated would defend the country.

I did my duty, fought my little war, got my combat credentials on my DD214 and was discharged.

I am no longer a soldier and may very well have been discharged before you were born. I am no longer subject to the UCMJ nor was Obama ever my CIC.

Therefore, I have no responsibility to “behave like a soldier.” When I was carrying the rifle, sleeping with my head in the mud and fighting brushfire battles of the Cold War, the current CIC was still part of the Choom Gang back in Oahu. Fuck him.

16. Joseph says:

It starts with the 82nd Airborne Flag and next he will be writing on the American flag. He is practicing his signature so he knows how it looks when he writes it on the Constitution.

17. Grin Alot says:

There are other signatures on this banner. Show some respect for the Commander-in-Chief of the US Armed Forces.

And I am very proud of this president.

18. BigJimTX says:

I would show respect of he showed respect for those under his command. Leave no man behind unless it is politically expedient? He is trash and not worthy of the title.

19. Grin Alot says:

Who did he leave behind? Please read a newspaper.

20. MW says:

You people are ignorant as hell! When is this partisan hackery going to stop? I am USMA class of 2007 graduate and served 2 tours of duty in Iraq first as a platoon leader and later as a company XO with the 1/504 PIR. During my time in Iraq I earned both a BSM and a CIB. I chose West Point over Harvard out of love for my country after the 9/11 attacks. I was well aware that President Bush was going to be my CIC once I graduated. Despite, my drastically political views from Bush I still respected him as my CIC. Some of you here never served in a forward area or even held a rifle. So until you have, I suggest you shut your cowardice ass up! I can tell you as a former infantry officer with the 82nd Airborne I have never been prouder to be an American with President Obama as our CIC. You people are attacking the man for how he signs a banner? For shame! You should be disgusted at yourselves. Not worthy of holding our great American legacy. I’m not asking you to be Democrat or even like the President, but you should keep your inconsequential and pendantic comments to yourself.

MW
    CPT (ret)
    1/504 PIR
    82nd Airborne Division

“but you should keep your inconsequential and pendantic comments to yourself.”

You probably shouldn’t be giving advice you don’t yourself follow, huh?

I served in the 82nd. I carried the rifle. I was in combat zones. Now I am a civilian. The 1st Amendment applies to me too. You don’t have to like what I say, troop, but you have to accept it. It’s called freedom. Look into it.

@MW:
    While it is true that not all of us are military vets (we can’t very well be exclusive about such things, after all), I bet you that we have one of the highest percentages of military vets of any blog not dedicated to that group. So blathering on about how “we don’t know” in this neck of the woods is pretty silly.

But of course, how could you know that? Now, I’d argue you shut your yap before making judgments about that which you do not know to prevent looking foolish in the future, but it’s a free country (or so I used to be told).

Secondly, don’t get all high and mighty about how proud you are of your country because of President Obama, and claim authority on the basis of USMA, the US Army, or the 82nd. In this very thread we have 82nd vets, Army vets, Marine vets… and yes even West Pointers.

I’ve known some dumb Corps Squaders that couldn’t find their navel without a flashlight. You, in fact, strike me as one of them. Maybe not a Corps Squader, but dumb as those I spoke of. Sure, you passed EN300 so you can write, but you have no concept of history, politics, or the downward path of this country.

That or you know about the loss of individual liberty that this nation used to value, but you just don’t care because you’re a fascist at heart.

Hmmm… so maybe that’s it then.

Grin Alot: Benghazi. I know you have heard of it. It was in all the papers but you kind of had to look for it. You look it up. We’ll wait.

24. TN-Cat says:

I hope MW returns. Just one question I would like him to answer.

What action, militarily speaking, by Obama has earned the respect of this recent West Point grad?

• Jorge says:

from a west pointer. Lets see, putting mcChrystal, mcRaven, petraeus all in crucial leadership roles. It’s unfortunate some of them have had their downfall due to individual problems. Also bin laden?….. When he realized that if wanted to do something quantifiable in Afghanistan we actually needed the soldiers that our generals were asking for so sending 40,000 more soldiers as our military had requested. So listening to generals would be a good point too.

• notamobster says:

That was quite benevolent of him to finally send a few troops to the Ghan, after 18 months of diddling around.

25. BigJimTX says:

Obama did go over there and kill Bin Ladin.

I would suggest to anybody that still reads newspapers (and that insists that others should join in the archaic tradition) that there may be a better option out there for staying up to date on current events.

26. xenicalman says:

First of all, thank you for your honorable service. The term “Respect the office of the presidency” has been around for many years. The author and context are lost somewhere in history and that the essence of the term may have been appropriate at the time it was asseverated . I do not believe that the term would exist in our lexicon today had there been a degenerate in the oval office as is now. I may be somewhat pendantic (narrowly focused)but that is my 1st amendment right to do so. I have the ability to assess a situation using both empirical and anecdotal evidence. The probative value of that evidence supports my opinion that your CIC (I refer to him as the islamoincheif) as you call him is the product of an inadequately vetted socialistic radical leaning darling of an obtuse and liberal press. Many veterans and non-veterans alike have the utmost contempt and animus for that thing you so most admire. Tell me Capt. How proud were you when your hero debased himself and our country, who, when in complete and abject subjugation. bowed deeply from the waist humbling himself before a Saudi King? Further, tomes could be filled with facts proving that your scumbag hero is not fit to even call himself a loyal American. It is truly unfortunate that the Constitution does not require military service as a requirement for holding the office of president. And if there were such a requirement, he would have been rejected at the recruiting office as being a radical subversive. Open your myopic eyes and tell me when there was any other president that caused such divisiveness? Are you a Jane Fonda loving muslim?

USMC FMF Corpsman
    Nam 66/67
    1-9, The Walking Dead
    100% SC Disabled

• Jorge says:

its great you can use big words…. you really impressed me. I thank you for your service, but as a current 82nd officer, also as a USMA grad I understand my role as a servant of the nation. I also am very clear on how I am allowed to speak of my CIC. He is a superior officer, and while some may not respect him, you do have to respect his authority and his office. So it has not been lost somewhere in history, and it is practiced every single day in the army when it comes to respecting the rank and authority of superior offices appointed over you. I do believe you swore that oath when you were a corpsman as well.

• Uke says:

If you really paid attention to the oath you took, you would know that your oath does not include swearing to the president or even the officers above you.

I, _____, having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God.”

The primary idea that an officer swears to is to the Constitution of the United States. The UCMJ is a different matter, of course, but you should know that your oath says nothing about respecting the president.

27. xenicalman says:

BigJim

He also threw the switch on Ethel & Julius Rosenberg

28. BigJimTX says:

I’m pretty sure that he would have let them slide. They were just trying to spread the nukes around.

29. MadBrad says:

WOW, a West Point Graduate retires at the rank of Captain? That’s like me saying that I retired at the rank of Sergeant, without the fancy education. Aren’t West Point Graduates educated to become Warriors for life? Obviously not. I respect your service MW but I got my CIB in the Three-Two-Five back when the 504th was called “The No War Oh-Four”.

The President is a piece of shit Communist. Lick his balls if you like the taste. That’s what I hear goes on a LOT in the Oh-Four.

30. MW says:

Please contain your excitement gentlemen. I can’t address all of your concerns at once. First off I would like to thank all my fellow veterans for their service. Secondly off some of your arguments clearly have no basis so I will not address them. You people have no idea about the kind of man I am. Trying to make me come off as some unpatriotic West Pointer out for his own personal interest. I’ve have many opportunities to lead a much easier life. I was accepted to both Harvard and West Point. I ultimately chose West Point for a chance to serve in a time of need. Trust me! I have no financial or political need for Army service. I simply love my country and wanted to defend it out of 9/11. Trust me I would have much preferred to serve in OEF instead of OIF, but politics aside all of you probably know the US Army doesn’t always give you options. I graduated in the top 5% of my class at West Point and was given an opportunity to study in the UK through a Marshall scholarship (I hope this addresses the “dumb corps squader comment). I gave that up in order to serve right away. In Iraq as a fresh butterbar I met my Plt SGT who would later become my friend and mentor. He was a quiet professional who refused to wear his ranger tab on his uniform. I later watched my friend get half his face blown off by an IED. To this day it makes me sad every time I visit him. How is our country in a downward spiral? Because of Obamacare this brave and honorable man can now pay his medical bills. Yes the taxes you pay because of this communist President of ours goes to my “freeloading 47%er” friend. That is one of the reasons why I admire our President. Not being in the military doesn’t preclude a man from being great. And yes our President did bow before a Saudi king. I personally thought nothing of it, but most conservatives used this as ammo to attack our President. George Bush also wore a Chinese robe. Don’t see much attacks on him though. I feel most conservatives and racists disguised as conservatives attack our President because he is black, Muslim or a Kenyan or some combination of the above. The title of the article says is all “Barack Hussein Obama” frankly I’m impressed someone didn’t just put “Black Hussein Osama” but then again (judging by some of your unintelligent comments) my expectations were not that high to begin with. It’s ok to be conservatives some of closest friends from the Army are republican. What IS wrong are some of insane facts, offensive and racist comments you people make. And what does everyone has against Muslims? Even as a Christian myself I find those comments incredibly offensive. My roommate at West Point was a Muslim and he joined for the same reasons I did (along with a bunch of white kids). For love of our great nation. I can honestly that same Muslim helped me graduate from Ranger school and to this day remains of my closets friends. Our country is at war with terrorists and not Islam. Terrorists use Islam as a banner to spread hate just like how some Christian use it to spread… hate. I like to believe my time in the army was not part of some modern day crusade for our “Christian” nation. Our country is not founded on Christianity. For those of you who have doubts I suggest you go read up on the Treaty of Tripoli. Finally “MadBrad” Thank you for service. It’s always nice to meet a fellow All American. West Point Emphasizes “Honor, Duty and Country” I personally try to live up to that everyday. Furthermore West Point trains us to think as leaders to win battles. Long gone are warriors in the traditional sense. We no longer carry swords to firefights (although you can try if you wish! Go and exercise your freedom!). For those of you who think I’m a coward I did earn both a CIB and a BSM for my service. I only became a solder because of 9/11 (you know being patriotic, serving my country and all that jazz). I was actually planning to become a Physician before 9/11 happened. So when I left the Army I became a medical student at Harvard Medical School(like I had originally planned). So instead of insinuating that I am a presidental ballsack licking chairborne ranger. Maybe you can thank me for taking a detour on my cushier and much more lucrative life in order serve in a hot and dusty hellhole. Now I’m not going to sit high and mighty on my West Point horse and call your comments unintelligent, but I expected more from a fellow paratrooper. This was a very nice discussion. I hope to receive more intelligent questions that will add to this lively discussion.

Cheers,

MW
    Captain (Ret)
    1/504 PIR (Tons of War Oh Four! We’ve seen many engagements since WWII! Look it up!)
    82nd Airborne

Did they teach you about paragraphs a the Point. I mean, I was just an enlisted man but I was aware of paragraph breaks.

There is a lot to address there but let’s talk about this.

This is Grade A bullshit. Obamacare has nothing to do with the ability of those gravely wounded in combat cover their medical costs. It never has. You sir are either sadly misinformed or are just spinning bullshit.

Hmmmm.. You started the Point at no older than 21 meaning you couldn’t have much prior service. You were a fresh butter bar in Iraq no earlier than 2003 and you are retired now? How in the hell does that math work?

He graduated in ’07, and seeing that this is ’12, that means he was a “5 and Out” cadet. Did his minimum required service as payment for WP education, and bounced muy rapido.

Which only begs the question, MW:

If you were so damn proud to serve, and you were so damn proud to serve under Dear Leader Obama specifically, why did you get out like your ass was on fire?

***

I am eager to challenge you on half a dozen other points from your post (bowing = wearing a robe? lol), but I’ll let that sit for now.

I did 14 years but would never claim to be retired.

Uke: That means I was jumping out of airplanes in the 82nd Airborne before he was born.

Yeah, but this guy’s “retired.” And he’s from West Point, too! Best not forget it; he mentioned that fact almost a dozen times in his last post lest we even momentarily begin to. ;)

I’ve known cadets like him. He says we don’t know him, but I guarantee I’ve met enough like him to be able to put him in a box, despite not knowing his hometown or ethnicity or last name.

That’s really aside from the point, though, I suppose. The main point is that he’s slapping down the racism card onto the lot of us without even remotely imagining that we could be opposed to the president’s *policies*, *behavior*, *actions* and *radical-as-hell* background. It’s much more comforting for someone to imagine their opponent as evil or imbecilic, emotional Neanderthals.

Clearly he doesn’t know *us* very well. I bet he’d be surprised to hear that we are more of a libertarian-oriented site than merely a GOP shill-site. Hence why we’re so opposed to the pres; we are limited government types, and the current POTUS is the most statist, petty dictator we’ve had in nearly a century.

But hey… I’m sure we’re all just racists all the same, eh?

In the military lexicon I am familiar with, no one who has served fewer than 20 years can refer to himself as “retired.” MW’s timeline precludes the possibility of having served 20 years.

Oh well, I am guessing that is the end of MW on the Revo anyway. He wanted to shame civilian veterans with an ethic that only applies to those on active duty. Didn’t work. I was a citizen soldier. I did my part but I am a civilian now.

Anyone care to speculate as to whether or not MW’s Barack-love is based on a shared genetic trait with the target of his admiration?

37. Notamobster says:

One of my lieutenants on the PD is an E5, retired after 5 years of active duty. He received disability and was medically retired from the Army following a bone infection, caused by his femur being shattered by an AK round, and a couple years of surgeries and rehab.

Through TDRL [then PDRL] it is entirely possible that he [MW] is disability retired.

With the way MW was touting his WooPoo cred, his units, his leadership experience, his academic standing and the like, I find it pretty unlikely that he was so seriously wounded.

Strikes me that he did all but tell us about the trophy he got that one time on his JV Soccer team in High School.

No, he’s simply one of those academic ace cadets that thinks his Dean’s List standing allows him to intelligently opine about politics and history (not to mention everything else under he sun) as well as he does about his mech engineering degree. In this respect, West Point cadets are no different from any other ivy league student.

I can tell you that WP cadets are inculcated to believe that they are special and not only superior to their contemporaries, but virtually everyone else on the planet. I’m sure there’s a good reason behind it, but suffice to say that it is what it is.

Not ALL cadets let it get to their heads. But many absolutely do. They look down on not only LTs from other academies, but look down on the enlisted Joes in their very own units.

Clearly these officers are doomed to fail.

• Jorge says:

uke… .out of all the posts this is one of the most ridiculous. Really, these officers are doomed to fail? please be real for a moment and start taking a look at the GO list and see how many are academy grads. I’m in the 82nd right now, also in 1-504. My battalion commander, my brigade commander and the CG are all west pointers. i’m assuming there isn’t too much ‘failing’ in their past to get there.

• Uke says:

@Jorge:
        For someone that took and presumably passed EN300, you just demonstrated a shocking lack of reading comprehension.

If you were paying attention to the context of the discussion in this thread, or even paid closer attention to my single post you responded to, you might have realized something important. You might have realized that by “these officers,” I was meaning “holier-than-thou, God’s gift to mankind” officers. I was not meaning West Pointers in general.

The sort of officer I was actually referring to is one that is doomed to fail; hubris only awaits nemesis, and then it’s all over.

Does West Point produce that sort of officer with an overabundant sense of his own worth and righteousness? Of course. I indicated as much, and folks like that are produced all the time and from all walks of life. But don’t put words in my mouth and try to pretend that I was impugning all West Point graduates, Jorge.

***

P.S. That said, don’t ever get trapped into the thinking that high ranking commanders can’t also be failures, or at least subpar. Look up the “Peter Principle” to see what I mean.

MW – I’m going to try and play nice, even though without knowing me, you have called me an ‘ignorant’, ‘racist’, xenophobe.

Where I come from – those words, spoken to my face, will get your f-king teeth knocked out.

I am a veteran. I gave this country 8 years of my life, from 11Sep96 – 17DEC03 (credit for delayed entry). I didn’t attend West Point, but I would be quite proud if I had. I have a couple of friends who attended USMA and they are solid individuals.

I think that I’m safe in assuming that your politics suck. We’ll have to agree to disagree.

I would like to know if you have ever actually read the US Constitution, to which you have sworn your sacred honor?

Please, tell me wherein said document, the man you are so proud of, is authorized to have a ‘kill list’?

Which article authorizes him to direct the largess of the US Treasury to shell corporations which are directed by his political donors (solyndra and myriad other failed green venture socialism projects)?

Which part of your version of that document says that religious institutions (including religious employers/universities) can be forced, by congressional fiat to provide goods & services which violate their long-established religious beliefs?

Where in ANY of our founding documents would your “Great Man” find his authority to force me or any citizen to pay for abortions with our tax dollars, in direct contravention of our conscience?

What mental gymnastics would I be required to perform to find even the suggestion of an ‘equality of outcome’ as opposed to an equality of opportunity?

We here at The Real Revo dislike the man because he has no respect for anyone who disagrees with him. Not unlike you, apparently (‘ignorant’ ‘racist’, etc…).

We dislike him, because his entire political philosophy revolves around his intended “radical transformation of America”.

We kinda like the ideals upon which this great nation was founded. We appreciate a small government which values rugged individual liberty, hard work, modest national ambition, and decentralized authority.

Before you begin the straw man argument about the racial mis-steps in the Constitution, no one here supports the idea that anyone is less human than anyone else, based upon genetic makeup.

We have more than 16,000 posts on this site. I DEFY YOU to find one which is racist. Just one. Go ahead. We’ll wait…

As for your comments about Islam. Dangerously naive. As a former practicing Muslim (proud infidel these days) – I can say that your liberal idea of Islam is dangerous, short-sighted, and incredibly naive. It makes me think that perhaps you have not taken the time to study and formulate your own opinions on the subject matter.

We may not be at war with Islam, but Islam is in-fact, at war with us. When the day comes for Muslims to take sides (which according to the qur’an & sunnah will come) all of your honest, peace-loving muslims will be required to side with the global caliphate, or face the sword.

As for me, they will have my neck, before they ever bend my knee. You, my dear infidel Christian, will accept the prophet, or suffer your head to be permanently detached from it’s historical base of operations.

Some folks on here were pissed off by the title/article/picture. I wasn’t one of them. He is the CIC (I am pissed about that). He can sign anywhere he damned well pleases.

Those folks are justified by their God-given right to free speech. Before you come into someone else’s house and start insulting people, maybe you should speak your piece and engage in a more thoughtful, deliberative form of debate. Around here, we call it conversation.

And, stop the name-calling, Mr Poopypants.

Well said, Nota.