Guys: If you prefer the version of Jessica Simpson on the right…

…you might be stressed out.

Men under stress find overweight and obese women to be more attractive than do guys in a relaxed state of mind, new research finds.

The findings complement previous studies that have shown when resources are scarce, people prefer heavier partners, presumably because fatness is a sign that the person has access to food and is healthy. In women, for example, being underweight can make it more difficult to get and stay pregnant.

Hey, it’s science!

In any case, are you okay Sorta?

20 Responses to Guys: If you prefer the version of Jessica Simpson on the right…

On the other hand, maybe you just prefer that a hug from your gal not feel like you are embracing a sack of antlers.

On the JS Indexed Stress Continuum (JSISC) illustrated above, I am not totally stressed out but I am not completely relaxed either.

2. Matt says:

The JS on the right is wearing the same kind of jeans Obama wears.

I would like to submit an alternative hypothesis…

Or maybe it is simpler than that. Maybe they just make the rockin’ world go ’round.

4. MadBrad says:

I once had a girlfriend whose breast-line was at the exact height of my face. She has a 36in inseam. When she answered the door I just stood there for at least 60 seconds, staring dead ahead with a silly look on my face, saying “Wow” over and over again. When her bra hit the floor it sounded like a fully loaded assault vest hitting the pavement.

She was also a gourmet Chef who ran her own business.

I was under EXTREME duress at the time we started dating but when am I not? She was the first girl I actually dated after my 2nd wife left. Large breasts and gourmet food were two of the three attributes she had that helped to bring healing.

As a gentleman, perhaps I should go no further. We who know, KNOW. I learned a long time ago that there is no need to cull any of the herd. Any of them can be fattened up properly. I’ve proven it time and time again.

I DO view skinny women with suspicion. If they have an athletic build, they spend too much time at the gym flirting with other guys. Skinny girls with nervous twitches come across as probably tweaking or popping pills. They probably don’t know how to cook either.

I know, I’m horrible but I confirm the findings of this study. Though I may sound critical of the skinny girls there, find a large one who is a violent alcoholic and you’ve REALLY got a rough ride coming. Big girls with bad attitudes are only fun at Pro Wrestling Events. Don’t let them find you in the parking lot afterwards.

5. jacksonsdad says:

Another ‘alternative hypothesis’…

When you’re stressed you don’t want to work hard just to get some quality time in the bedroom. Not saying ‘Big Chicks Are EZ’ but… EZer? I would think so.

Then if you factor in that the reason men get ‘stressed out’ in the first place is probably related (in some way or another) to lack of Boom-Boom, I would say the ‘science’ in this is as simple as ‘the path of least resistance’ or ‘the shortest distance between two points”.

6. jacksonsdad says:

Same theory behind this classic song..

I will test the hypothesis.

8. Doc says:

BRILLIANT, R.D.!

You guys know me too well.

Yes, I want them both.

At the same time.

Brad. I LOVE that kind of woman!

Where you put your nose between her breasts and you can’t hear the phone ring.

11. DarthJay says:

Well I’m more stressed than Obama in a room full of smart people, but I still find the J. Simpson on the left to be more desirable. Hmmmmmmmm.

12. MadBrad says:

Danger DarthJay, you are entering the high maintenance zone.

Yep, I’d swing to the left on this one. I love a woman with curves, in the right places. She can be BIG, so long as the curves are in the right spots.

Nota swings to the left?

:d

Anyway, I’d still hit both, but the left pic does appeal to me far more.

/shrugs

And yet, I don’t consider myself THAT stressed, heh.

Dating chicks: Left
    Married gals: Right

This song sums up my preference.

“I will watch a replay of Obama’s State of the Union Address. If the effect increases lineally with stress levels, by the end of the address I should find this woman to be smokin’ hawt.”

If the obesity rate keeps going the way it’s going, in 20 years every man will want to tap that.

18. Slaphappypap says:

At one time,(before marriage) it was a factor that I can use the gal’s underwear as a parachute to leave in the morning from her third floor condo window. It’s important not to make a sound.

Did you ever see the movie “Misery”?

19. jeff says:

Hey. Kelly klarkson is so sexy in those pics on the right is so sexy