David Letterman’s net worth is 160% of Mitt Romney’s

Mitt Romney: $250 million
David Letterman: $400 million

Bear that in mind as you read this.

Late night TV host David Letterman has suggested that Mitt Romney is a “felon” because he does not pay income tax, despite the Republican presidential nominee recently releasing IRS documents showing he paid nearly $2 million just in 2011.

Letterman, host of CBS’ “Late Show,” made the statement Friday night when telling the audience about a recent poll on what Americans would most like to see, reported first by the website NewsBusters.

Letterman said that 6 percent of Americans wanted to see Romney’s tax returns.

“Yeah, we want to get a look at those tax returns because I believe we will discover that the man has not paid a nickel in United States federal income tax,” Letterman said. “That’s right, we have a felon running for president.”

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, to lead anyone to conclude that Romney has evaded his taxes. Letterman is simply playing on populist suspicions that all wealthy people are cheaters and swindlers. A man far more wealthy than Mitt Romney is pushing class envy and jealousy in an attempt to undermine his credibility. The irony and hypocrisy are off the chart.

37 Responses to David Letterman’s net worth is 160% of Mitt Romney’s

1. serfer62 says:

I saw this guy 30 years ago or so and could see no reason to try again…

It’s the battle for the dipshits in this election. Part of me says, WE NEED THE DIPSHITS, but part of me says, fuck ‘em. I don’t want them….even if that means Obama wins. It’s hard to explain how I feel.

Yeah, Bman, courting the idiots is hard. I get you. Wait until you hear about my trip to the Gander Mountain. It is queued up for the morning.

4. Dusty says:

So Letterman is a big BS artist as well! OK Mr. big shot (mouth) let us see you tax returns for the past 10 years and then let you squirm!!!

5. Matt says:

I stopped watching that hack years ago, for reasons just such as this. His obliviousness to his own hypocrisy (and stupidity) is astounding.

6. messup says:

Question: Mr. Letterman’s investments! Do they include renewable energy? If so, of the more than 26 failed renewable energy companies Obma’s administration “invested” in was Mr. Letterman a director or board member of any of them? Hummm? A possible “crony-capitalist?”

Hey, how’s that “insider trading” deal Obama’s administration and Nancy Pelosi have been involved in (VISA)??? Was Mr. Letterman privvy to that deal, too?

“All of that consumin’ goin’ on” as one Congressman has been heard to say.

Geez, seems like some of Mr. Letterman’s $400 million largesse is fruit of priveleged insider information. Shucks, and hereWe The People thought Mr. Letterman was a pure as the wind driven snow!!Darn.
    Yep, no tricks to this “straight shooter!” Pray for America. Amen.

7. Robert coull says:

After reading the red neck neo conservatives verbal diarrhea I can see there isn’t much of a sense of humor. David letterman is a comedian and not supposed to be taken seriously. Get over the election it’s done. Try another non-credible candidate in 2016. Try peace not hatred. Keep smiling I am.

• notamobster says:

Robert –
      1) He wasn’t joking when he said it.
      2)This was posted in October.
      3)Try dislodging your cranial appendage from your rectal orifice before speaking next time. You might come off as not being functionally illiterate, though I doubt it. Were you born that way, or did your Mom drop you?

8. Robert coull says:

Now why would you get angry about a talk show host? If something so trivial get’s you fired up I can’t imagine or rather I can’t think about what would happen if a substantial topic would arise. And yes I was bom this way. Take a deep breath and relax you’ll live longer.

9. Robert coull says:

Go away? Is this how you guys deal with matters? I think neo- cons have some good ideas but then a liberal will agree and you’re not for it anymore. I’d like to believe that an idea isn’t shot down automatically because of where it comes from. Compromise,collaboration and good will is what we need to be a great country again. Have a nice day.

10. TN-Cat says:

Robert
    There is no compromising with a liberal/progressive. A liberal compromise entails a conservative to accept the ideals of the left and also pay for it.

11. Robert coull says:

That’s it your minds are as opened as a tripped bear trap. Why not just for once stop repeating your old tired responses and listen to other people with good ideas. You’re going to have to come into the light of day and smell the roses. I would think hatred would get tiresome in just a short time. I know conservatives rely on Christian values. What happened to love thy neighbor? :)

12. Greg B says:

Huge difference between love thy neighbor and love thy neighbor or else.

13. TN-Cat says:

I do love thy neighbor. But when that neighbor comes to expect mes to pay for his food, housing, health care, cell phones, birth control and abortions. Tries to tell me how to raise my children, worship God and give up my right to defend my family, I have a real issue with said neighbor.

Tall fences make good neighbors Robert.

• R.D. Walker says:

Vicodin is a wonderful drug for pain control. When someone is recovering from surgery or a serious injury, it is a true blessing. It makes life better by reducing human suffering and helping us heal. People who need Vicodin should get it. There is really no downside to helping those suffering to reduce their pain and get better.

Sadly, it can also cause dependence and addiction with devastating effects. People who become dependent and addicted to pain meds fail to fulfill major obligations at work or school and neglect their families. Social, religious and recreational activities are given up. Eventually, jobs are lost, families are destroyed and lives are ruined. When pain medications are used for anything other than to mitigate real pain for short periods, the results are catastrophic. Welfare is like that. It is a blessing from God when it mitigates pain for a reasonable interval. If one becomes addicted and dependent, however, it is a disaster.

I cannot believe that scripture is calling on us to impose dependency on people through unlimited access to either Vicodin or welfare. It just can’t be. Dependency is soul crushing. It crowds out important social institutions like the church, causes people to give up on God and it erodes family bonds. I have seen it with my own eyes. I have lived it. As is almost always the case, however, the road to this particular hell is paved with good intentions. Scripture doesn’t pave roads to hell.

There must be something to 2 Thessalonians 3:10, right?

14. Notamobster says:

Thanks guys. While I will never back down from a good debate, robert here just wants to argue. He is the quintessential troll.

I will proudly and eagerly engage you on any subject known to man, Robert. Your pick. I will not, however, mindlessly argue while you twiddle your pud in your moms basement.

Just as I expected… Nothing.

• Robert coull says:

You can call it mindless . You try to belittle others with your vulgarity. You think the only people that earn money are self important self serving bigots. Yes I said bigots because you don’t thank God for the gifts he gives you. There but for the grace of God go I. A couple bad turns of events could put you on welfare rolls. As far as debating anything you can’t keep a civil conversation going without using below the waist insults. Lies half truths and innuindeos are all you have. I have the truth behind me. Have a pleasant evening. Oh buy the way I am a Christian. You are so full of yourself be careful you don’t burst with self -righteousness.

• R.D. Walker says:

You shouldn’t assume. Nota has been unemployed and looking for a job for some time. That doesn’t mean that he doesn’t work. Nor does it mean that he is willing to become a dependent of the state. In fact, Nota grew up in deep poverty and not the happy “Walton’s Mountain” kind. The Detroit kind with a crack head mother.

We know each other here. This is a pretty tight knit group. You should know that before you make anymore assumptions.

16. redhead says:

I like this guy Robert, he is giving all you guys a run for your money. He at least makes sense which is more than I can say for any of you. You are not Christians talking the way you do. You make any discussion meaningless with your rude and abrasive comments. Good for Robert you go guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, no? You don’t care to have a civil debate on the issues? You’d rather come here, insult people you don’t know with mindless crap:

Accuse me of being simple & angry:

Now why would you get angry about a talk show host?

And then, try to play the self-righteous, pitiable, servant-of-the-lord card on me when I check you on your disingenuous, argumentative, & insulting comments:

Then, just so everyone can see it – you refuse to debate me on relevant topics – because you’re just too enlightened:

You’re a cowardly troll. I have no patience for you or people like you. If you’d like a civilized debate on any topic you choose – I once again offer you the floor.

18. redhead says:

I think you are right. You are all a bunch of butt kissers you don’t want anyone new to burst your bubbles

Robert is the redhead, most likely. He also started the rude comments, as I noted above.

I’m offering You & Robert the opportunity to expose me to your enlightened POV. Please, let’s discuss. Pick a topic and tell me what you believe. Since you claim to know me so well (see your above comments) – you will have a distinct advantage. I await your serious discussion (as opposed to your insults and cowardice).

21. Robert coull says:

I am not a coward I have a life and am pretty busy living it. In the mean time look up in a thesaurus and find another noun for troll. It gets pretty boring. Try being original with your thinking . It will open you up to other parts of the world. I the mean time take care all of you!

22. redhead says:

Robert is not the redhead, but he is a friend of hers.

23. redhead says:

notamonster is not the only one with a bad mother and a rotten childhood. I hate to tell you this but there are a lot of us out there. we all have our own thoughts and feelings about everything does not make you right and me wrong or you right and me wrong. It just means we do have something in common. would you like to debate that.

24. redhead says:

just as I thought no reply

Would I like to debate that we may have things in common? Uh, nope. We might both breathe, and eat, and poop, too. That does nothing to mitigate the fact that I have offered the floor to both of you – to debate the topics. Yet, here we are – witnessing both of you avoid the offer.

Topics which Robert accuses us “hateful, rednecks” of not being able to intelligently articulate. I have 2000+ posts with all of my opinions on EVERYTHING (!) right here on this site. Read them. Come back and tell me how wrong I am.

I don’t hold my views based on emotions, as you allude to above. I make decisions based upon the council of my two closest friends, logic and reason. Your moral relativity (above) is one of the many ills plaguing our nation. I can offer a logical reason behind why my beliefs are correct. One is right, one is wrong.

Oh, and Redhead, why do you refer to yourself in the 3rd person?

26. BDTR says:

red head is prob Dave……….. must have googled himself

27. juju says:

Yea but Dave Letterman isn’t running for president. over 90% of American citizen are paying about 30% of their salary in taxes, a president who supposedly represents America – AT MOST paid about 14% in taxes and God knows how much he paid for the years that he refuses to show.

David is a celebrity, we all know that celebrities are rich and they dont live the same lifestyle that we do, people have accepted that fact and don’t mind as much, and again, he isn’t running for the presidency. Mitt Romney is.

• notamobster says:

Wow. The election is over juju. Your marxist won. I do have to throw a BS Flag on your numbers. 48% of Americans pay absolutely nothing in federal income tax. Zero. 0. Nunca. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

Try again.

• Bman says:

Are you going to vote tomorrow Juju? It’s important ya know…