Post Mortem Open Thread

Remember this: the popular vote was very close. We are only barely outnumbered. We are legion.

Revoistas, I am taking the day off. I need to think things through and figure out what is next. You may use this as an open thread.

41 Responses to Post Mortem Open Thread

1. vamd says:

too ill to comment

2. jacksonsdad says:

ditto

3. DarthJay says:

I’ll go first then. Anybody else find it weird that Romney put up almost identical numbers as McCain? How did THAT happen?

4. Slaphappypap says:

Well, I’m off to work. The Federal/National Government is going to hammer us for the rest of our lives. Expect my State of Illinois to get a bailout. Working hard doesn’t mean *hit anymore. If you work hard, you must be a sucker. The whores of lawyers and politicians hate your attitude and want you to roll over. The State of Illinois is going to hammer me as well. I have to pay, pay, pay. I said to some people that we are becoming France. We already are France. Good Morning America. You were once free and easy to start something magical. Now, you hate me.

5. jacksonsdad says:

Changed my mind… one comment using MO’s words…

For the first time in my life I’m not proud of my country.

Mitt ran a great campaign.
    He did the best any human could do.
    We have to thank him for that.

7. btdt says:

I didn’t watch the election returns last night. I just didn’t have the heart. Woke up this morning afraid to hear the news. My fear was realized. I sat stunned as I watched Fox news. A terrible sadness swept over me as I sat and cried. I cried for my children and my grandchildren and everyone I love so dearly. I cried for the ignorance of people not being able to understand the significance of this election and how it will change their lives forever. I cried for the unborn and I cried for myself knowing that when I become ill, it will be a death panel determining whether I should live or die. I consider BO a Judas goat leading the sheep (democrats) to slaughter. Eventually I pray that will know the truth, but by then it will be too late.

8. AW Mens says:

Yesterday’s results enlightened me to the fact that we actually reached the tipping point 4 years ago. The problem is not BO or his ilk. They are who they are and haven’t changed throughout this whole thing. The “middle” of the country has changed. The 2010 election cycle was unfortunately about frustration at the path to getting “stuff” not a referendum on the stuff itself. The road forward unfortunately now involves uncontrolled random hard deep pain as opposed to manageable controlled pain. There was never a solution without pain….our choice was about what kind of pain that would be.
    I feel a marked distance between myself and half of this country. The good news (for me anyway) is there is still around half of America that believes in taking care of themselves come what may. The future clearly won’t be fun…but I feel a stronger bond to half of my countryman than I ever have before. After the stunning results of last night that’s all I got right now. I’ll take it.

It’s now about how to keep the Left from taking the rest of your stuff. When TSHTF you have to believe what you have will be taken by legally forced collectivization “for the greater good.”

10. rj says:

My friends, heartsick is a term I have rarely used in my years on earth, today I am so depressed I can hardly see straight. We here know the destructive ramifications of this result.

America as we knew it and loved it is gone. We face resource sucking tax increases, destructive health care intervention and taxes, capitalist will find elsewhere to invest their funds our ecnomy will snail along and 8-9 % unemployment will be considered low to normal.

Worst of all is the appointment of the next three supreme court justices, Every left wing cause will be granted as constitutional, there will be no hope of stopping the descent into socialist hell.

Part of me wants to just let it crash and burn, how long till we are decended to third world status regardless of anything we could do? it is too late.

11. Rich says:

Four years ago I mourned for America.

Today I cannot.

Because there is no America to mourn.

12. Greg B says:

Don’t have any more words.
    Tried to just relax with music on the way to work this morning.
    Didn’t help much as more and more of my earnings will be confiscated from here on out.

13. Meshuggahboy says:

I feel like I just watched a battered wife move back into the trailer park again. I never in a million years thought there could be so many dumbasses.

We really will get the government we deserve this time around. Romney would have been the next Reagan, and we were damn lucky that he even wanted the job.

Mitt – I’ll never forget how happy I was to vote for you. THANK YOU for trying to save us.

Damn, the tears are starting to come up.

14. Lerxst says:

As rj mentioned, the thing that scares me the most is the SCOTUS appointments. I’m a widowed single father with a 12 year old son and I now truly, deeply fear for the future he faces. May God have mercy on our souls.

15. John Cox says:

Like many, I need a couple days to clear my head and focus my mind. I’ll be back. God help us.

16. MadBrad says:

I’m still trying to compose my thoughts but it’s hard to do. Nothing I’ve said over the course of my life has been sufficient to help save us from the certain destruction that is upon us. I am physically ill right now.

17. Freedom Fighter says:

Stock guns and ammo
    get non-perishable foods or freeze dried.
    Get a generator and stock gas and treat it with life extenders like Sta-bil.
    Start finding out who is local to you that you can rely on, some people with the grit and determination to fight for their lives and yours.

When the dollar crashes, which will be soon I fear, the USA will crash with it.

Have no doubts. It’s gonna get FUGLY and when it does the shitheads who re-elected this walking dictator wanna-be will be the ones to pay the ultimate price.

As of today I’m going Galt. To the best of my ability I will not infuse my money into this economy. Bare essentials only.

Except for buying more ammo and training at the local ranges, my days feeding the tax beast are over.

18. DocO says:

I’m trying to hold onto something to move forward. I actually have HATE in my heart for my fellow Americans. I know this can’t be healthy for me, but dammit, the Nazi’s just walked into Paris and the citizens aren’t crying they’re cheering.

For those of you of a Christian persuasion, I think we just have to remind ourselves, that this is God’s will. Just like when Israel and Judah fell, there is a reason for this. We win in the end. It might not be in our lifetime, but this is something that had to happen.

That’s all I got for hope.

19. Locke n Load says:

I’m at a loss. 2008 was awful enough with the POTENTIAL for mayhem, now we have 4 more for him to CEMENT it.
    America as we thought of it probably is gone, and gone faster than any of us expected. the Grand Experiment is now on a trajectory to go down in flames. Literally.

If I had my wits about me I’d make a post of this article but honestly, I’m shot. I’m broken inside.

If there is ANY silver lining here its that Barack will be forever remembered as the President who broke the country, and if we somehow make it through this his people will be marked for life.

Keep your family close, tighten the circle. The world just went from big ideas to small mercies.

20. colomtn says:

While I am disappointed that Mitt didn’t win I am not giving up.

I plan to become more involved with the Tea Party.

I received a email from them last night and they reminded me that:

America is worth fighting for.

The fight has just begun.

Join the fight, at

21. DocO says:

One more thing.

Maybe this will help me kick my news and Internet addiction. No need to keep checking HotAir and NationalReview if you know there’s no point.

The takers have gotten to 51% and that isn’t going to change except that number is going to grow larger.

I’ll just have to try hard to save money and buy a small farm somewhere off the radar where I can live in peace, raise apple trees and make hard cider. And hope God let’s my farm be an Ark when the deluge comes.

22. fubar says:

I am on hold with my stupid health insurance company. I shouldn’t have started reading your comments. Now i’m blubbering like a baby. dammit.

DocO: You have struck on what we are going to be talking about the next few days and what the future here looks like.

The Real Revo The Revo’s Real…

24. Locke n Load says:

Thats exactly what I was talking to Brad about late into the night RD.
    The trajectory of our nation has changed, our goals here must probably as well.

The same people we’ve been talking to all these years will still need help, hope, and comraderie. Now, more than ever, we need to find like minds and prepare for the storm. Let the moochers rot, we’ll take care of our own.

You are going to like it.

26. MadBrad says:

Captain Goober asked me to stop by his house as I was on my way home from my Election Night position. We were there mourning the loss of our Country, as were Millions of my fellow citizens.

Captain Goober recently learned that he is going to become a Grandfather… to TWINS!

As we were watching the funeral dirge of the United States being played out, a text message came in from his young Son-in-Law…

“We have lost our Country but not our family. Soon we will be celebrating the birth of our children and nothing going on in the world will be able to take away the happiness that will result from that. We will all have each other and that along with the blessings of Almighty God are all we need. In spite of those who deny him, Jesus Christ is still on the throne. We need to count our blessings and let the chips fall where they may. God is in control”.

God is in control but I’m in tears right now. I pray his forgiveness of my weakness.

“The Real Revo lives on, but our mission is going to change. I will be back tomorrow to start the discussion.”

I’m waiting. Today I don’t have anything to say. The fight for traditional American values and right versus wrong has been lost. I have no more hopeful words.

I need a new direction.

28. Tony says:

Romney was no conservative. He was simply the last candidate standing when the Republican primary concluded. Romney communicated no solutions for the fiscal ills of my country other then “I am a good businessman and can help”. I cast my vote against Obama because he and his ilk are harbingers of socialism. Romney was my only real option to Obama.

I am now facing the fact that a majority of my countrymen desire big government and diminished liberty to get a free ride on the backs of those who are willing to work.

The problem is not Obama as he only exploited the resources available. He mined the votes of the “entitled” and it worked. He is truly a Robin Hood, taking for the willing working who believe they can, to buy the votes of the weak and insecure who are convinced they can’t.

The problem is the voter who is willing to trade liberty for their twisted view of security.

29. DocO says:

Okay, everyone is pretty much on the same page. The Entertainment-Educuational-Industrial complex has generated the perfect useful idiot.

That fight is loss for the heart of America. Everyone who owns a business is a villain who made his money by exploiting workers and poisoning the land. Every priest is a child molesting hypocrite. Game over.

But, the question is now, what is the most likely societal failure path, and how do we protect ourselves and those willing to work to preserve that which is right.

This is the key question because they lead to very different survival paths.

If it’s a communist takeover we are right and properly screwed because we’ll need to live the life of an insurgent, not openly associating with each other and living outside of society.

If it’s a simple economic collapse, we can try to set up micro-communities.

There are plenty of Michigan small towns that have plenty of farm-able land and very small populations.

We could start buying up towns as our “retirement villages” and try to coordinate purchases such that we have a viable micro-economy and defensible community.

Thoughts?

30. BDTR says:

I like many fear for the future of this country, the next four years will be interesting. I hope by then people will wake up before we become Europe west or a third world hell hole.

I fear that in a country that elects someone like Obama or Elizabeth Warren that it’s prob too far gone.

“Does the economy crash like Argentina or the Wiemar Republic? Or do we have a communist revolution complete with gulags and the rest.”

Well, Doc, I think the plan all along was to crash the American economy like the places you mention – and many others – and then rebuild it in the form of a communist/socialist/fascist utopia.

32. D2A says:

My primary emotion initially was despair.

I have a 18 month old daughter and a son to be born in 10 days. The thought of the type of country we are leaving them made me weep.

We are well past the point of ever electing a conservative president; we could not even elect a smart RINO with a very good campaign. The electorate has changed dramatically, and will further change from what we knew growing up.

The multiculturalist have won; our electorate is more diverse, but they bring with them failed ideas. The immigrant class seems to have failed to connect the policies that made this nation great, and the policies they are escaping. The proportion of Hispanics that voted for Obama blew me away, and it will only get worse.

We will never again have an electorate that supports the founding principles.

I prayed hard last night, and this morning I have a certain peace that passes understanding. What is happening is out of our hands. God is in control, as He has always been. We are getting the government that we deserve, which is by itself punishment, but just.
    We are nearing the end, and by necessity the U.S. must no longer be a major power in the world. God is arranging the End Time pieces.

I can only control what God has allowed me to control. I need to dedicate the remainder of my life to honoring Him, providing for my family and helping others.

I pray that God grant you all the peace that passes understanding.

DocO. My thoughts exactly. I believe we should consider that. Amongst the writers and readers of this blog, we are Very multi-talented.

When I leave a comment, I will be much more subdued. I believe others that do not wish us well are also readers. Landline, cell phone, snail mail? Don’t know. Some people are developing their own languages. Enough said.

34. DarthJay says:

Ulsterman just removed an interesting article from his site from WHI – if you’re one who has been following that stuff. I won’t repost or quote anything from it out of respect for the fact that it’s probably been removed for a reason – but echos a lot of the speculation we’ve been making here. Interesting. Not that it changes anything, but interesting.

35. DarthJay says:

My bad – it’s still there. Read it here.

36. cornbread says:

I have to admit that a little bit of me died last night. Of course, in the long run, that bit may be of good riddance. Perhaps I have finally learned that a small part of my faith in God had been replaced by my faith in my fellow man. To paraphrase the Knight, I chose poorly.

Ladies and Gentlemen, God has this under control. He will see us through this as always. I will continue the good fight with each of you who I have come to admire and respect. I hope one day to meet you and fellowship with you.

“Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.”

George Washington

And one more from Washington

“Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.”

Let the battle begin!!!!!

37. John B. says:

Is there any way us peons can help get Boener replaced by Paul Ryan?

38. DocO says:

Cornbread.

You wrote : “Perhaps I have finally learned that a small part of my faith in God had been replaced by my faith in my fellow man.”

This is what I’m struggling with too. I know my faith in God should come first, and hell the first Christians were “happy” under the thumb or a Roman tyrant.

I know that a big part of my anger is fear of the future and the government taking my stuff to give to someone else.

There’s some parable about a farmer building silos and God not thinking that was a great idea.

I can’t square this in my head.

I had a damaged lawn chair I had set in my front yard with a Romney sign.
    Last night I attached a new sign saying “More Takers than Makers” and put it on the side of the busy nearby roadway.

It was tipped over this morning, so I righted it. Tonight, it was gone. You see, deep down, the Shitty People know they are Takers.

Ironically the Takers took the chair.