Where My Head Is Today

As a student of human history, I always knew that one day, we would lose the fight for rugged individualism and personal responsibility, to the collective. I never imagined that today would be the day.

I’m all fucked in the head right now. I won’t be on here again today. No posting, No comments. I’m fucking sick and pissed beyond words! I leave you with one quote, until tomorrow:

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsels nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
― Samuel Adams

Half of America, you are no longer my countrymen.

18 Responses to Where My Head Is Today

1. DocO says:

Well said Nota.

Since we both live in Michigan I think at some point we should get together to discuss preserving the torch of liberty.

I’m not sure the best way to share personal contact info.

The Free People of Michigan need a rallying point.

2. fubar says:

that quote is on my bulletin board .

3. TN-Cat says:

I have already accepted the outcome. Pisses, disappointed in America yes. But after growing up in Detroit I have already lived through these same failing policies once. Only now I cant just move away.

One thing is certain though. The crash is going to happen no matter who is in office. Now at least those responsible for it will take the fall. I am no longer concerned for the other half of the country. I will take care of my own and they can eat shit as far as I’m concerned.

4. Eddie Willers says:

I appreciate the quote. I cannot abide the friendship of those who would vote themselves, and me, into chains.

5. Locke n Load says:

love the quote, posted at FB, added this…

get ready to take your medicine america, and take it hard.
    the progressive suppository is NOT lubed

6. jacksonsdad says:

BOHICA!

7. Greg B says:

Same here LnL. Without the suppository bit.

8. DarthJay says:

Yup, me too.

9. Cold Warrior says:

It’s more than half of Americans. Add to those who voted for BarackBenGhazi all those Republicans who were just too damn preoccupied with their toys or their “pursuit of Happiness” to bother to actually vote.

At least my kids will get to see me fight.

Thanks,
    CW

10. jacksonsdad says:

Another apropos quote from SA…

“No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

11. MadBrad says:

By the way Nota, in spite of all that is rattling around in it right now, you have a very nice head. It is a very impressive head. This compliment comes from a man who wears a size 7-3/4 hat.

My head and heart are thinking about the next fiesta. Lots of fun and good food, then a serious time discussing:
    who we are,
    what we want,
    what will it take?

Those people I’ve met and those I haven’t, I consider most of you friends. And you think and feel the same way I do. We need another meeting face to face.

13. Locke n Load says:

Beyonce just alienated half her audience and lost ALL respect I once had for her…

14. Locke n Load says:

no argument from me Sorta :)

15. DarthJay says:

Replace “I ate all your candy” with “I spent all your money” and this is America over the next 4 years.

16. BigJimTX says:

I’d like that sorta. Seems like a good plan. Now all we have to do is wait and see what RD is hiding up his sleeve.

17. Ironheads82 says:

Wanna bet we are all “Persons of Interest” for the Office of Information Management now?

Just sayin……

18. Greg B says:

I have an actual physical ache in my chest.
    I recognize the feeling as the same one I felt last summer when I lost my Mother.
    I look forward to this weekend, which I actually have off for a change.
    Think I’ll spend it working on the bike. Been entirely too long since I twisted the throttle. I expect it to be good therapy.