I Just Don’t Have It In Me Right Now

Alright, I’m just gonna lay it out for you folks: I can’t seem to find my gumption. I’m a news addict. A veritable politics junkie. Just, not now.

For the past week, I have deliberately avoided any story, link, or video that even looked like a possible link to someone gloating over the Obama win. I am crushed. Demoralized. I find myself not wanting to check the news or even write many comments. I have been commenting, yes – but I’m just not interested at the moment.

I’ve given a huge swath of the past 4 years to fighting the public menace and I think I may need to take a break. I haven’t even been talking to my family about it. They see how rabid I have been for years, in my battle against the menace. Not a single person in my family has brought up the issue of Barack Obama’s re-election. They see it. I know they can feel my despair. We’ve talked about it, but, I’ve initiated the conversations with my brothers and one of my sisters because it feels like there’s an elephant in the room – that we’re all ignoring.

Then, I get so angry that I start cussing and go off on a breathless tirade.

A major issue has been, and will likely continue to be his cynical treatment & mishandling of the attack in Benghazi. He left our people to die. Americans, serving his administration – begged for help and our President ignored them! Not only did he ignore them – he watched them on closed-circuit television, and when the novelty wore off that cock-sucker went to bed! I get fighting mad just thinking about it.

So, I’m gonna take a few days off. I’ll still be around the comments and may even post a few things, but I’m going to try and re-calibrate the sensors. Rifle season opens on the 15th and I’ll be at camp. It’ll be a welcome break.

11 Responses to I Just Don’t Have It In Me Right Now

1. Locke n Load says:

Understood.
    I’m still grappling with the death of the republic myself. Evevrywhere I go people are stunned. Theres a sense that elections aren’t legit anymore. Folks are turning their backs on the process and reaching inward. This is a BAD sign if you want to believe in American endurance. Maybe it was like this for the Libs in 2010. Maybe we’;re just suffering a setback, I dunno.

I can see the exhaustion tho. I’m feeling it myself. Every patriot I meet has a tired, expectant look in his eyes. They look cornered.

We didnt lose Nota, not like the votes suggest. I no longer doubt it was a rigged election, I know it. Yeah, I have no proof other than circumstantial evidence, but the overwhelming number of voters I meet are shaking their heads and saying HOW? We couldn’t have possibly turned out at 2004 levels, not if my experience with the countryside is a fair sammple. They feel it too. They’re pissed. And they’re retreating.

We’ll need to be there in 2014 Nota. We may still gain in the house and effect things somewhat. But our main pupose has to be to rally our kindred souls, to batten down the hatches and prepare for the resistance. I’m spreading the word about refusing Federal dollars. Screw the highway money, the school money, screw it all. Refuse it, demand your representatives look for alternatives. Sow the discontent, let it simmer.

You don’t have to be a clarion at the moment Nota, just be steadfast.

Oh, it ain’t in me to quit. Not a single fucking drop of quit in me, son. Don’t worry about that. I’m just gonna catch my breath for a minute.

I’m still going to the Republican Party meeting on Wednesday to be elected as a precinct delegate.

3. Locke n Load says:

Good. Aim the party, and the state, towards independence.
    the resources to remedy this are local and untapped. The Feds have proven their incompetence, incoherence, and unworthiness.
    Sow the seeds of independence, old style

4. Greg B says:

Understandable.
    I’ve been reading the Revo for a few years. But only just recently started trying to contribute something.
    But I’ve always enjoyed reading yours and all the other regular writers here.
    Obviously there has been a drop off this last week, but I still can’t stop checking in every day. Before I found the Revo, (and I can’t remember what led me here), I thought I was probably a lonely weirdo. Except for my brother I didn’t really know anyone who shared my thoughts. Although you can’t really know people through the interwebs. I can’t help but feel some kindred to people here. And I am surer than ever that there must be more.
    Take a break. Nothing wrong with a recharge.
    Good hunting.

An alleged suicide of a secret service agent. Probably knew too much about Benghazi.

6. Greg says:

Yeah… it’s like a big punch to the gut… takes the wind out of you… esp knowing this POTUS may get to select the next couple of SCOTUS…. on top of all else.

7. PISSED says:

You are not alone in the way you feel notamobster.

8. Trent says:

I’m with you as well, Nota. I still get on the Revo, but this is my first comment on here since the election and I have just felt like “blah” on the post and political articles in general. That isn’t an insult to the quality of post, just my lack of give a shit.

9. BaconNeggs says:

Nota, I understand what you are saying because I now read the news and dont feel its worth linking or responding to things that before the election, made your blood boil. Try to avoid getting upset and just enjoy your blogging time out, and your hunting.

LnL, I hear you about suspicions that something fraudulent took place with the election count, especially when you look at whats happening with Allen West down in Fla. How the hell could record number of Republican supporters vote, and yet their numbers are less than for McCain? That is some weird shit right there.

I think many Conservatives have come to the conclusion …the Socialists may have numerical superiority, but Conservatives surely have the economic firepower.

I feel exactly the same way.

11. AW Mens says:

Totally understand Nota. Recalibration is probably needed in some ways by all of us. This is still a fight….just a different kind of fight.