Petraeus To Voluntarily Testify On Benghazi

I think it may be possible that Petraeus has chosen to fall on his sword in order to get the truth out. If so he is an American hero. From FOX News:

28 Responses to Petraeus To Voluntarily Testify On Benghazi

1. BigJimTX says:

I think falling on his sword might be more foreshadowing than you intended.

2. jacksonsdad says:

This much is certain… he’s either doubling down on his part in the dog-wagging or he’s putting an absolute end to it. My guess is the latter.

He IS An American Hero and he doesn’t want his biography to read like he was a friggin’ stooge for the dipshits who perpetrated this disaster. He stuck his neck out already and toed the line and what did he get for it? Revisionist BS making it sound like he was one of the only ones who blamed it on ‘the video’. If I was him I’d want to set the record straight and preserve what is left of my legacy.

Certainly he’s not sacrificing anything in the vein of ‘loyalty to Obowma’ as he was/ is clearly firmly officially Under The Bus. He and Clinton are finding out what happens when you allow yourself to be seduced by the scorpion.

Of course… nobody knows what he will say Friday but… I’d say it’s quite likely that he is armed with Impeachment Worthy Info. He could make quite a stink. I’ll have my popcorn ready…

3. Greg B says:

Cackling as I rub my hands together.

4. DarthJay says:

Assuming he survives long enough to testify…(which I assume is what BigJim was referring to)

Kind of makes you wonder what they had on Justice Roberts.

6. BrunDawg says:

I’d let’em buy me some hookers and hold’em against me. Just sayin’.

7. jacksonsdad says:

When this silliness.. his out-of-the-blue resignation with him (oh btw ;o) scheduled to testify… first broke my mind immediately connected the dots to this moment…

At that time I wouldn’t let myself believe that it would happen. Perhaps still it’s just wishful thinking but… one of those dots just got filled in… a big one too. Dare we dream that someone finally put an end to this nonsense? Is the General just the kind of Patriot to knowingly/ willfully / joyfully get ‘disbarred’ for the cause of Telling The Truth?

They were holding him hostage. He removed himself from hanging over that barrel (leaving egg on the face of this buffoonish administration in so doing… BONUS!). If he brings it home Friday he will rise above HERO. It will be LEGENDARY!

I know… I know… but there’s no harm in wishing.

8. Greg B says:

“Kind of makes you wonder what they had on Justice Roberts.”

Holy shit!
    I cannot believe that never occoured to me!

9. messup says:

Kabui theatre. “Days of Our Lives” entertainment provided free of charge for public fodder.

All the while revised figures (withheld until AFTER Elections) show an one month increase of Americans on Food stamps (SNAP) of 47,102,780(11/13/2012) from 46,700,000 in October(10/15/2012).

EPA has ready for all americas energy sector, regulations guaranteed to stifle and curtail any development other than renewable.

Justices for the Supreme Court (why
    Nancy Pelosi is staying on as House Minority Leader).

Yep! The show must go on!!! As Barnum & Baily would say. Enjoy!

When Pertaeus was an Army officer and when he was a CIA officer he was required to do the bidding of his Commander In Chief.

He made the mistake of getting involved with a woman other than his wife. It is both a tenet of Chicago politics and Saul Alinsky that information like this be used to control him.

If, however, he did not work for the Army or CIA, and outed himself, he took away their control. That’s what Palin did when she resigned her seat as Governor. She was being hounded by what turned out to be false accusations while in office. The only way to stop them was to resign.

Petraeus did wait until after the election. Whether he did that out of respect for the office of the President or whether he did it for another reason remains to be seen.

ABC News: “Petraeus Personally Investigated Benghazi Attack”

In late October, Petraeus traveled to Libya to conduct his own review of the Benghazi attack that killed four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

While in Tripoli, he personally questioned the CIA station chief and other CIA personnel who were in Benghazi on Sept. 11 when the attack occurred.

The Libya stop was part of a six nation trip to the region. Petraeus intended the review as a way to prepare for his upcoming testimony before Congress on Benghazi.

“He was looking forward to testifying,” a Petraeus friend told ABC News. “He wanted to be fully prepared.”

12. DocO says:

jacksonsdad,

I thought of this clip.

13. Greg B says:

IF , and I say IF, Petraeus brings Mjölnir down, will the lap dogs be able to ignore the story?

14. BigJimTX says:

The press cut their own throats on this one. They made such a big deal about Petraeus that they now cannot ignore his existence. IF he makes it to Friday.

15. BrunDawg says:

They are already “finding” incriminating evidence. Petraeus will be discredited before the end of the week.

What I want to hear from Petraeus: Building tension tell he gets pissed off and loses it and says…

“You’re goddamned right the president ordered us to stand down! He didn’t want troops anywhere within a hundred miles of Benghazi and you know why? Because the consulate was a fucking cover for an prison and interrogation center. That’s right. We were waterboarding the shit out of tangos under orders straight from the goddamned commander in chief! It was a fucking torture chamber! The dinks storming the place where trying to free prisoners! You wanted the truth? Now you have the goddamned truth! Now, I am getting up, getting on a plane and heading back to Tampa.”

17. DarthJay says:

That would be awesome, RD. I can see the headlines now…

Mike Morell Named New Head of CIA

I say that tongue in cheek, but I really wonder if the media even CARES about Benghazi anymore…if they would even run a story that painted “Apostle Barack” in a bad light. And, if they did, if the majority of the country (who elected him) would even care…

Nah, These would be some of the MSM headlines…

Rethinking Waterboarding: Why President Obama Uses This Tool

Petraeus’ Betrayal: National Security Leaks and How to Prevent Them

President Obama’s Muscular Security Apparatus in Libya and Beyond

Why the President Needs Intelligence That Can Only Be Attained Through Enhanced Interrogation

Petraeus Lied! Will He Be Allowed to Get Away With Betraying Obama?

19. RevoGirl says:

@Darthjay
    No, they won’t care. I had a “discussion” with one of the many Obamaphiles at work, when Benghazi came up she explained to me that Benghazi was all George Bushs fault…because HE made all THOSE people hate americans. It makes ya want to pound your head into a cement wall repeatedly.

“Benghazi was all George Bushs fault…because HE made all THOSE people hate americans.”

See? WTF? There is no point in talking to these people.

21. dukka says:

Need to open a thread just for this on Friday. I’m off work and will be cracking beers watching.

“73% of voters don’t know who this guy Ben Ghazi is and think socialism is ‘when you talk to people and stuff’.”

BrunDawg, they may get you those hookers, but they’re feds, they won’t pay the bill.

BigJim: You’ll be amazed at the ability of the running dog, water-carrying media to ignore anything damaging to their demi-god.

RD’s fantasy scenario damn near makes me giddy. The shame of it is that is just that. A fantasy.

Dammit. Nothing ever works out the way that the movies teach us. There will be no Scent of a Woman verbal beatdown.

Dammit.

Tomorrow is the big day for the good general.

I have to say that my trusting impressions of him were damaged by Ann Barnhardt’s post. She doesn’t have any respect for the military brass.

Read ‘Night of the Long Knives Part 1 and 2′.

VDH…

What makes this entire debacle so mystifying — and so tragically depressing — is not that Paula Broadwell and Benghazi exposed the “true” Petraeus who was some sort of mediocrity all along, but rather that the scandal brought down a truly historic and heroic figure who saved hundreds of American — and thousands of Iraqi — lives, and is now, at least for a few more months, to be associated more with a Gmail account than the miracle that the U.S. military accomplished between 2007 and 2008.

Yeah. What a mess.