Heading To Deer Camp

Alright everyone, tomorrow’s opening day and I’m headed to deer camp with my brothers. It is my sincere hope that whatever you are doing for the next few days, it’s as fun as what I’m doing.

May you all be blessed. Here’s to unwinding and coming back with a renewed vigor and the strength to fight the public menace of liberalism. Adieu.

19 Responses to Heading To Deer Camp

Good Luck! Don’t forget to wear a warm hat.

2. cornbread says:

Good Luck!!!! Opening day down our way is Saturday. Looking forward to quiet time in the woods.

Sounds like a blast. I used to deer hunt. But as I got older I realized that the fun came to abrupt halt and hard work started when I pulled the trigger.

I have been considering hunting deer with a paint ball gun. No tags. No limit. All the fun, none of the work.

4. DocO says:

Good Luck Nota! Keep your powder dry and your knife sharp.

5. AW Mens says:

Good luck nota!!

6. TN-Cat says:

8 points or more Nota.

Waiting on my brother to get here. Tick tock, tick tock… QDM, TN. I actually take more does than bucks. We’re over run. We have 2 or 3 herds of deer on the property this year. One of em has nearly 30 deer.

8. Cold Warrior says:

Good luck, nota. Be safe.

And R.D., I like your paintball idea. But I”d bet Iowa has a law that makes it illegal to use a paint ball gun on game.

Thanks,
    CW

CW: Yep, it is illegal. Seems strange that I can shoot them legally with a .12 gauge slug but not with a paintball.

10. Doc says:

nota-GOOD LUCK! BE SAFE! STAW WARM!

11. BigJimTX says:

Nota, have a great weekend. Shoot straight.

That’s… what??

I can’t even fathom how that’s illegal. What are they worried about? The little plastic bit getting lost? Littering? Inhumanely painting a deer with unnatural colors?

WHAT THE SHIT!!

13. RJM says:

RD, A few years ago I shot 2 in my back yard with a paint ball gun, had yellow deer until it rained.

Shortly after I found out it was illegal, didn’t make any sense to me then and still doesn’t now.

But, it was still a lot of fun!

It’s probably illegal because then haven’t figured out how to tax it.

The paintballs are lead-based. That is the reason why its illegal to hunt game with them….(I made that up).

15. BigJimTX says:

In an oil patch somewhere in the middle of Alberta, there were a bunch of funny colored rabbits. The guys would get bored, trap the rabbits, spray paint them bright colors (think safety colors) and release them. It doesn’t wear off quickly. It’s a wild sight. They have since cracked down on the practice and there are no longer fluorescent bunnies hopping around up there.

Same concept I assume.

Have fun, Nota. A barren doe is far better eating than a buck this time of the year.

I envy you your time away with your brothers.

Hi to Magellan.

17. Greg says:

Been decades (Navy)(overseas) since I hunted… Now I am retired from Navy and working overseas…. property in Florida, but do not know how, where, I would hunt…. but, I have all the tools to do so. Toy with the idea of Bow Hunting… tree stand.

Have a Great Time!!! Perhaps you can get some of the stressors out of your system by busting a cap on some food.

Peace. Enjoy.

Had venison and fried potatoes for dinner. With whiskey….. yum.

Me, Magellan, and Joey… :-)

Great times!

Greg – my friend is a Chief at yokosuka? Will check when back in the world. Just pinned chief…

Finally! Time to shave the beard!

Got a nice doe. 350 yard shot. I used to enjoy stalking – and still do on occasion – but I’m really liking this long-distance shooting.

Good practice for the zombie pocky-lips.