Just put the effin turkey in the oven!

It’s turkey. Don’t over think it.

9 Responses to Just put the effin turkey in the oven!

Actually, if you have a fucking turkey, you should probably let him finish before you put him in the oven. He will be more relaxed and the meat will be more tender.

Some people need to put the damned bird in the oven.

She shoulda not have drunk half a bottle of white wine before trying to make this video.

I used to fry a turkey every Thanksgiving then it occurred to me: It is three times as much work and four times the expense for a turkey that is maybe 5% better than one in the oven and, if anything goes wrong, maybe just 5% as good.

I now use the fryer for fish fries and that’s about it. I agree with the woman in the video. Turkey is turkey. It is good but it is better doused in gravy and cranberry sauce.

Yep. I’ve done all kinds of turkeys. I love a fried turkey when done right (injected days before) but it’s only marginally better than just sticking the fucking turkey in the oven.

Since there are only 2 of us most of the time, we don’t cook a whole fucking turkey. We put a frozen fucking turkey breast in the slow cooker the night before. Set on low, put a stick of butter on top. In the morning, turn to high. About noon, it’s done. If you like white meat, anyway. I think you could do a frozen fucking turkey roast the same way. It has dark and white meat. Bon appetite!

8. RJM says:

I’ve got it down to a minimal effort, I buy a turkey breast and cook it on the grill.

Place it on the grill breast up, Cook 2 hours at 300 degrees. No roaster or pans to wash and minimal amount of turkey carcass and grease.

If I need more bird I can do 6 breasts at 1 time, still only takes 2 hours, you don’t have to turn it or anything.

Turns out golden brown and is very moist with lots of flavor. I’ve done it for several years and it is always popular.

9. Rich says:

Sorry,

I’ve never had a turkey that is any good?

Well, as to your sex life, I don’t give a shit.

But as to turkey as Thanksgiving dinner and as leftovers, and as sandwich meat … I have had a LOT of GREAT turkey!

So, fuck you, dumb ass!