Did you go for a slice of white meat on Thanksgiving?

Then, according to Slate, you are probably a racist.

Maybe that’s why I have a prejudice against the white-meat sacrament of the holiday that covers up the white man’s crimes.

It’s Lowell writing about his pilgrim ancestors who began the rolling genocidal slaughter of those nice Native Americans who made the first Thanksgiving possible.

The real Thanksgiving story is extremely dark, far darker than any leg and thigh meat.

Could fear of facing our dark history be behind the prejudice against dark meat? Or is there more to the darkness of dark meat that feeds that fear?
This is what occurred to me when I put the question to my cohort of Facebook “friends” the Monday before Thanksgiving. There was one comment in particular that made me wonder whether something deeper wasn’t going on: “I hate dark meat it’s slimy and viscous.”

I had always thought it was a matter of the tastelessness of white meat, but here was an instance of some profound and fundamental revulsion against the threatening sensuality of dark meat.

Reading that passage caused a 10% drop in your IQ. Sorry.

9 Responses to Did you go for a slice of white meat on Thanksgiving?

It boggles my mind how the intelligencia routinely takes an absolutely trivial issue and beats it into some sort of profound, deep-thinking, slow-nodding philosophy.

That author’s article was tripe, pure and simple.

The irony is that as much as he asserts racism in our eating preferences, there is probably no organ LESS racist than our stomachs. It’s the one place where Chinese, Japanese, German, French, Arab, Indian and American cuisine can all get along nicely.

2. RUDE JUDE says:

I for one, LOVE the dark meat in any poultry over the white. Even with pork chops, there’s a little part that is darker and that is my favorite too.

I have also preferred dark meat all of my life. Who knew it was because we are egalitarian lovers of non-Caucasian sensuality? I can honestly say that never crossed my mind. But you know what? I like dark chocolate and don’t much care for white chocolate so there you go.

I prefer white meat. It never crossed my mind, either.

The obvious conclusion to be drawn from this is that I have a deep-seated resentment of black people, a xenophobia of different textures, and harbor an antipathy toward that which is not like me. Well, that or I just don’t like dark meat.

This is a stoner argument. I guarantee this guy took a few bong hits before postulating this pustule on the taint of intelligent discourse.

Take another hit, retard.

I drink black coffee but seldom drink milk. Hmmmmmm….

I like red velvet cake and German chocolate but not angel food or any other white cake. Does that make me not-racist, again?

7. fubar says:

these super smart dirtbags should get to work creating a turkey in the laboratory that possesses only dark meat then.

hopefully it will turn on them and kill them like good monsters do.

8. Tony says:

Rosenbaum, living proof that command of both the English language and the keyboard is no guarantee of useful intelligence.

9. Slaphappypap says:

I love milk. I love espresso. I love cinnamon. I love hummus.

God, I hope my wife doesn’t read this.