How Obama will ban the AR15, AKM, etc

He will simply issue an executive order that reclassifies so-called “assault rifles” so they are included in the same category as machine guns. No need for Congress and current law would make them very difficult to get virtually illegal, or at least extremely costly, to own.

20 Responses to How Obama will ban the AR15, AKM, etc

1. FreedomFighter says:

The Leftist Political Class has NO IDEA about the size and fury of the hornet’s nest they are about to mess with if they go down this road.

They really DO NOT GET IT.

I believe these fools want blood in the streets. I really do believe it.

I got news for them. I know several LEO’s and they have all stated they WILL NOT be part of any attempt by the Govt to seize firearms from citizens, for 2 reasons: 1) They don’t have an issue with law abiding people having guns, and 2) They don’t want to get their asses shot off when they try to take guns away from people.

I doubt it would come to door-to-door seizure. They will be banned through an incremental seven step process.

1. They make AR15s illegal to sell or transfer.

2. They make them illegal to transport across state lines.

3. They make them illegal to shoot except at licensed gun club ranges.

4. Then they make them illegal to own unless you are a member of a licensed gun club. (De facto registration)

5. They require that they be stored securely at gun clubs.

6. They prohibit their removal from gun club premises.

7. Now they are pretty much illegal.

Congratulations Mr. Frog. You have been boiled.

3. KJ says:

Do you really think this will happen? An AR was going to be my next gun purchase.

I think #1 is likely. It gets less likely as you go down the list.

This, by the way, is exactly how they incrementally banned all guns in the UK. That can’t happen here due to the constitution, but all bets are off for scary black rifles.

It sure is a shame that I just got rid of all my guns to that guy the other day. Sold the whole collection. It was the darndest thing.

6. Trent says:

R.D. and anyone else who dealt with the old ban, were private sales of pre-ban assault rifles banned as well? I know you couldn’t go to the local gun shop and get one, but could you sell you weapons to someone else under the old ban?

Guess I better get me a totally un-scary brown, wooden rifle.

You know… like an M14, or a BAR. ^_^

I guess we will just have to settle for these.

After all, they are nothing like AR15s, right? I mean other than the same ammo, same rate of fire and same magazine capacities. They don’t look as scary to idiot liberals, however, and that is all that really matters.

9. GomeznSA says:

RD – your ‘steps’ may not necessarily be all that is needed. The easiest way will be to require that they be registered (like Class III) and appropriate taxes paid. There will also be a push to make ownership ‘frowned’ upon – then the usual banning followed by a turn them in push complete with amnesty etc. Look how the Aussies did it – the progs will follow suit – like they did in UK as you mention.

Trent: You could sell pre-ban weapons when the federal law was in effect. Some states that still prohibit the weapons require that you get a certificate to own a pre-ban weapon and don’t allow transfers in state, however. Connecticut for example…

11. Greg B says:

Funny.
    My Mini has a black composite stock.
    Is it scary now?

Yes. Black is scary. Wood is not.

Seriously, I feel like getting a Mini-14 just so I don’t scare simpletons. It is like rifle camouflage. If I get one, it is going to have a harmless, friendly, brown, wooden stock.

13. Trent says:

That is what I thought. Might not be a bad idea to invest in a few cheaper AR’s and wait till the price jumps up. Of course, my custom AR-10 that I have a few hundred dollars of work in ain’t going a damn place, stupid law or not.

14. Rockheim says:

See.. Just as I was thinking about picking up a Rock River Elite Comp I just saw..
    But you know.. that is far scarier and more “potentially lethal” than the Ruger GS Scout 77 in .308 that I’m going to pick up alongside it..

BTW… the video is racist.. The interviewee said that the gun grabbers would rely on their “Boy” in the White House to get this done.. Just pointing it out before the usual leftists jump on it..

15. Greg B says:

Just one more argument on the virtue of 80%.
    If they don’t know about it, what can they do?
    Not that I have any delusions about them not keeping track of who buys them.

16. slinger says:

Might be time to stock on on stripped lower AR-15 receivers …

The machine gun ban made M-16 stripped lowers increase in value from $100 to $10k+.

17. Greg B says:

S&W sales up 48%.
    Interesting indicator.
    Wonder how much sales of reloading equipment
    have gone up in the last month.

18. Greg says:

Perhaps some of the browning or other mag fed conventional rifles need large magazine capacity… unless already out there.

Pump rifles with large magazines?

Bolt?

Anyhoot, stock up on lever actions too. You can get three of them for the price of 1 AR, normally. So, count the number of windows in home, divide by tennants, multiply by… forget it, just get as many as you can and plenty of feed for them.

Nice thing about the levers…. can get pistol ammo levers as well.

Still want the AR-15 and AR-10 and Ruger Minis…. Plan to buy all when I return from the far east for a visit home…

19. Greg B says: