Bible v Qur’an: Dajjal, Mahdi, Christ, Antichrist; A Comparison

I recently announced proudly that I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord & Savior. I’m not going to evangelize any more than I ever have (I haven’t), though I will continue to rail against the abomination that is The Religion of Fear & Perpetual Outrage.

I would like to take a little bit of time to write a comparison between the Messiah (Jesus), the Antichrist, the false prophet, and their Islamic counter-parts (Isa)Jesus, Imam Mahdi (world leader), & the Dajjal (Islam’s version of the antichrist).

I realize that there are many Christians who don’t see the descriptions of the end times/latter days as anything but allegory and that’s okay. If my words don’t apply to you, please feel free to comment, or sit quietly – I don’t really care either way.

Many of the folks who do see the end times/latter days descriptions as more literal, believe that the Roman Empire will be re-established. What I know of both faiths, leads me to believe that the Islamic Caliphate (Ez 38: 5-6/Dan 11:42-43) is more likely in that scenario.

Whether Pre-millenial, Post-millenial, Amillenial, Panmillenial (it’ll all pan out in the end) or other, matters not for the purposes of this discussion. I am merely pointing out the similarities between the views of Islamic end times and (some) Christian latter days.

I’m not a scholar on the Bible or the Qur’an/Hadith. I happen to have been exposed to both and find some very interesting comparisons, which I’d like to point out to my friends. To wit:

Christianity

Jesus – The Messiah.
Returns on a white horse.

Has name on his forehead.

Battles armies of the beast/false prophet.

Raises the dead.

Jesus says that the World, right before He Returns, will be much like it was in the Days of Noah & the Days of Lot (Luke 17:26-33Matt 24:37-39)— the People will be very: Prideful, Unloving, Boastful, Materialistic (2 Tim 3:1-5), Indifferent (Rev 3:15-20) and Mocking Jesus (2 Peter 3:3-14,9) & the Things of God, and Sin will be rampant everywhere (Matt 24:12). There will be a great time of Apostasy (1 Tim 4:12 Tim 4:3-5) & Spiritual Deception on the Earth (Matt 24:11). Apostasy is a departure & falling away from Faith in Jesus & God’s Word.

The Beast- The Antichrist.
World leader who negotiates 7 year peace deal between Israel/Islam(not specifically, but who are we kidding – it’s Islam).

Suffers a mortal wound and “resurrects” himself.

Declares himself to be God at the temple in Jerusalem.

Has the armies of Muslim nations on his side (Gog, Magog, Libya, Ethiopa, Egypt, Persia, Gomer, Togarmah[Turkmenistan/Azerbaijan, respectively]…)

Establishes one world government.

Causes all to receive a mark (Mark of the beast) in their forehead or right hand.

The False Prophet: Establishes one world-religion.

Beheads unbelievers.

Works ‘miracles in the sight of the beast’ which would cause even some of the elect to worship the beast (Antichrist).

Islam

Isa (jesus)

– Prophet. Returns to aid the Mahdi in defeating the Christians and Jews.

Declares that all Christians & Jews must worship Allah and submit to the jurisprudence of the Imam Mahdi & the global caliphate.

Battles the Dajjal (Muslim Antichrist)

Mahdi

– Religious ruler; strongman. Commander of the faithful [amir al-muminin].

Leads the armies of Islam against the Jews & Christians.

Marches with black flags to the temple mount.

Declares a global caliphate.

Brings peace & prosperity [after killing all of us kafirs]. Yes, even you.

Causes all to receive a mark in their forehead. [IMPORTANT!!!] Muslims receive “bismillah” (in the name of allah) – unbelievers receive ‘bismilkafir’ (in the name of unbelievers)

*** the mark is a good thing in the Islamic version***

al-masih ad-Dajjal:

Islamic Antichrist. (Islam’s “the deceiving-messiah”)

Arrives on a white donkey.

Only the believers [Muslims] will be able to read the word ‘Kufr’ [disbelief], inscribed in bold letters, on his forehead. There will be big mountains of smoke at both front and backsides of his caravan. People will anticipate food within those mountains, during the severe famine. All rivers, falling in his way, will become dry and he will call upon people in aloud voice, “O my friends come to me! I am your lord who has made your limbs and given you sustenance.’

The signs of the coming of Dajjal:

• People will stop offering the prayers
  • Dishonesty will be the way of life
  • Falsehood will become a virtue
  • People will mortgage their faith for worldly gain
  • Usury and bribery will become legitimate
  • Imbeciles would rule over the wise
  • Blood of innocents would be shed
  • Pride will be taken on acts of oppression
  • The rulers will be corrupt
  • The scholars will be hypocrites
  • There will be acute famine at the time
  • There will be no shame amongst people
  • Many people would worship satan
  • There would be no respect for elderly people

Sahih al-Bukhari3:43:656: Narrated Abu Hurairah:

Allah’s Apostle said, “The Hour will not be established until the son of Maryam descends amongst you as a just ruler, he will break the cross, kill the pigs [Jews], and abolish the Jizya tax. Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it.

The Comparison

Both the Christian Antichrist(AC) and the Islamic Mahdi(MD) invade Israel (Ez 38:16/various hadith).

Both AC/MD cause every man to take the mark (believer/unbeliever) or lose their head.

Both AC/MD establish one world religion (Bible: ambiguous world religion/Qur’an: global caliphate)

Both AC/MD create wealth that all nations use (one global economy).

Both AC/MD have a “Prophet” who aids them. In Christianity, the false prophet works miracles in the sight of the beast (AC). In Islam, the Mahdi is assisted by Isa (their jesus).

Both AC/MD establish one world government.

Both AC/MD gather their armies to make war on Jesus Christ/ad-Dajjal

Dajjal/Jesus Christ

One and the same.

Both arrive on white horse/white donkey (at least it wasn’t a camel)[Rev 19:11-12/abu hurayrah hadith]

Both work miracles/raise the dead. (In Islam: he does it to fool believers)

Both men have a name on their forehead (Jesus on his crown Rev 19:11-12/in hadith it’s the word ‘kafir’) so when the muslims see Jesus, they will dismiss him as the Dajjal.

Both will be a ‘King of the Jews’.

Summary

Regardless of your views on religion, faith, or millenialism – there are some very interesting connections between the Islamic view of the time just before judgment and it’s Christian counterpart.

Muslim’s believe that their antichrist will exhibit all of the behaviors ascribed to Jesus Christ in the bible. The Islamic ‘false prophet’ – is the Christian Jesus Christ.

Conversely, the Islamic Mahdi (commander of the faithful) before the day of judgment – rules as the Antichrist of the bible – with the assistance of the false prophet (which is the Muslim Isa/jesus).

I thought it interesting enough to spend hours writing this. Hope you enjoyed the comparison.

46 Responses to Bible v Qur’an: Dajjal, Mahdi, Christ, Antichrist; A Comparison

1. D2A/L says:

Welcome to the fold brother.

You are correct in the many connections.

To the rest; a good book that examines this further:

“The Islamic Antichrist”
    by Joel Richardson

I’ve been wondering what happened to you. I didn’t realize that you’d changed your username. Now, you’ve changed it again. What’s the “L” stand for?

Thanks. I’ll check that book out!

3. TN-Cat says:

Outstanding summary Nota. Will most definitely spend some time delving deeper into this.

Nota, I had missed it that you made a decision for God.
    I am thrilled!
    Now, you are my brother-brother-brother.

I’m with the group that feels it will all pan out. I have studied the basics of the end times and believe I will see it. I see the world on a collision course with a descending curtain. It’s almost closing time. The only thing that sustains me is an abiding faith in the triune God. I’ve never seen the Father, Son or the Holy Ghost, but I don’t need to. I know whom I have believed in.

If anyone has eyes to see, there is no doubt where islam comes from. It comes from the pits of hell. Islam is like a diary written by satan. Death, destruction, slavery, pedophilia, debauchery, and the list goes on.

So, as the final battle shapes up, will my family face tribulation and death? At this moment, I feel the odds are about 50/50. However, I am not anxious or fearful. God has been faithful to me. He has showered me with grace, love, mercy and forgiveness. And besides, I have read the book and I know who wins.

5. John B. says:

Thank you. I have heard some of this but never seen it spelled out so thourouly. Some day I’ll use this in a Sunday School lesson.

6. D2A/L says:

Thanks Nota.

Name changed b/c birth of my son a few weeks ago (he is the L); my daughter is the A.

Cool. I was referring to your original nom de guerre, though. A couple years back. Now, that you’ve explained the D2A/L – the change makes complete sense with the timing of your daughter’s birth.

Congratulations on the new Revoista! A daughter and a son. How wonderful. Enjoy them while they’re young.

Soon enough they become selfish, ungrateful turds, who ‘know’ everything. :-) They’re always a blessing, though.

8. AFB says:

Excellent comparison, Nota. I too believe we are seeing all the pieces fall into place.

In fact, I’ve seen a Youtube vid that sets out in great detail how the original Greek translation of “666” was off by just a hair, and that the actual meaning of the number isn’t a specific person, but the religion of Islam, with all its attendant brutality and glorification of death.

Besides, so many people these days just seem to be so — there’s no other word to describe it — “possessed” by evil. They’ve totally given themselves over to every base instinct, and nothing interests them if it doesn’t cause pain, bloodshed, or corruption of innocents.

So is Zero the Antichrist, as many people believe? Personally, I don’t think so. But I do think he’s sort of paving the way for his arrival.

9. marty says:

A very informative essay, Mr. notamobster. Thank you. 2 Timothy 2:15

10. MadBrad says:

Very scholarly. It’s interesting to see how the descendents of Abraham see the end times. Some say that the events laid out in Revelations have already happened… but there’s this thing about the Mark of the Beast that hasn’t happened yet.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… Welcome to the flock, you good and faithful servant. God likes his salt to never lose its savor. You are indeed salty.

11. desertrat says:

good read. there are a lot of noteworthy comparisons and like i told you before i can shoot no holes in your story. I’m leaning more towards a talmudic/economic centered NWO. The muslims, without continued immigration and breeding will never be a power. The ottomans were serious but that was back when you could give a horde of fanatics metal sticks and call that an army. It’s going to take a few more generations before they can take over western europe, and even then they will never be accepted in russia or eastern europe and everything they try to do disintegrates because of how they are. Even their oil industry relies on foreigners to work the entire process for them.

Not to say that this won’t change. At this point I’m thinking whoever holds babylon and the temple mount will be the antichrist.

12. Shaheed Cassim says:

In many lines in the bible it says that jesus will come back to a kingdom, last I checked Jesus wasn’t accepted by he’s own people so where is this kingdom??? Yet the Arab nations are waiting to hand over their kingdom to him. Secondly from i’ve read, Christians will also die in this last hour how is it so that the saviour will let he’s people die? Many christians believe that Jesus died for their sins but last I checked in the bible Jesus prayed to the father to spare him? Why so? Christianity likes to sell this line that aslong as you believe in jesus u will enter the kingdom,the only evidence of christianity up till today is the fact that afew people can perform miracles through jesus, surely these people are going to heaven right? But the bible says on the day many will come to me and say have we not propheciese in your name have we not perform great miracles in your name and I will profess to them depart from me for that I never knew you, here’s a classic example of the best christians not been saved if they can not get into heaven what are the chances of ordinary christians, many christians believe that the spirit of truth lives within them, I bet that they can’t tell what the weather will be like a week from now, and if the spirit talks to all christians which speak every language why does the bible say the comforter will speak to those people with strange lips and foreign tongues?

• R.D. Walker says:

Seriously? Seriously? Do you really imagine Christians are going to abandon the Gift of Faith because you throw out a few juvenile proofs and childish questions? Hell, it that sort of thing worked, the world would devoid of Muslims.

13. Shaheed Cassim says:

That’s all url have is faith, and as you have said “proof” I have lied about nothing, the bible is supposed to be away of life if christianity was just about faith then there would be no need for the books url can just tell each other what’s in the bible… secondly url claim that jesus loves everyone have you not heard about jesus rival’s that the christians almost wiped them off the face of this earth when url left the religion into the roman empire? christianity is a religion of mystery why won’t the roman church’s let everyone read the books in their libraries? Why won’t they let the old bibles which are in museums be copied and released to the people? Because they’ve got you believing what they want u to believe that is url’s “so called faith”

• R.D. Walker says:

“That’s all url have is faith,”

That’s all I need. That you think I need more indicates you don’t have a clue as to the nature of Mysterium Fidei.

14. Shaheed Cassim says:

So tell me Mr how do you follow jesus aside from having faith lol

15. Shaheed Cassim says:

Tell me something why did moses prophecies and I quote “prophet” and not God? Moses is a prophet so I’m sure he’s word means much more than john Mathew paul’s???

• R.D. Walker says:

It sounds like you are searching for answers. I don’t have them.

I am an empty vessel into which was poured the Gift of Holy Spirit. I no longer need rationalizations, arguments or proofs to see the Truth that has been laid bare before me.

Keep searching. The answer is out there.

16. Shaheed Cassim says:

“And he (Jesus) went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.” – New Testament (Matthew 26:39)

“And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.” – New Testament (Matthew 17:6)

“And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,” – Old Testament (Tanakh) (Genesis 17:3)

“Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?” – Old Testament (Tanakh) (Genesis 17:17)

“And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped.” – Old Testament (Tanakh) (Exodus 34:8)

“And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them.” – Old Testament (Tanakh) (Numbers 20:6)

“And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?” – Old Testament (Tanakh) (Numbers 16:20-22)

And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with [their] faces to the ground. – Old Testament (Tanakh) (Nehemiah 8:6)

“And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?” – Old Testament (Tanakh) (Joshua 5:14)

“And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?” – Old Testament (Tanakh) (Ezekiel 9:8)

“And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD.” – Old Testament (Tanakh) (2 Chronicles 20:18)

“And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?” – Old Testament (Tanakh) (Ezekiel 11:13)
      Like an ass hey?

17. Shaheed Cassim says:

If the spirit of truth is in you would you please tell me of things to come and lead me into all truth Christian

• R.D. Walker says:

I wish I could. I spent more than 30 years of my life as a non-believer. Then, on an ordinary day… a moment of clarity that changed everything.

I don’t know that it is up to you. All I can tell you is keep an open mind and, if your name is called, do not turn away.

• Ansari says:

@R.D Walker – A movement that guides its people towards a life of truth, shouldn’t have anwer for every question?

18. Shaheed Cassim says:

You are nothing but words barely following the things in your own bible

• R.D. Walker says:

Satan can quote scripture to his own ends. This, however, seems pretty straight forward.

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

19. Shaheed Cassim says:

Then why won’t those that perform miracles in jesus’s name won’t be given eternal life? Do they not believe in jesus

20. Shaheed Cassim says:

What’s wrong? Thought u had the spirit of truth in u? Cmon lead us into all truth? Tell us?

• R.D. Walker says:

Nothing is wrong, there is simply nothing I can do for you.

1 Corinthians 2:14 – “Whoever does not have the Spirit cannot receive the gifts that come from God’s Spirit. Such a person really does not understand them, and they seem to be nonsense, because their value can be judged only on a spiritual basis.”

I know that’s true. Been there; done that.

21. Shaheed Cassim says:

So the spirit can speak to u but u can’t talk to it or make it speak hahaha clown

• R.D. Walker says:

As the Apostle Paul said above, it seems to be nonsense – maybe even clownish – if you have not received the gift.

It seemed nonsensical to Paul too… until he experienced a moment of clarity on the road to Damascus.

22. Shaheed Cassim says:

Hey! Jesus said to test the spirit now I’m testing now tell me

23. Shaheed Cassim says:

Exactly no spirit

• R.D. Walker says:

God commands me (and each person) in a particular way, in a different way than He commands others. The living and spiritual character of the knowledge of what God requires of us in the present moment cannot be reduced to proofs and debate points on an Internet forum.

I have nothing more for you. Go your own way. Neither God nor man will stop you.

Good luck.

24. Shaheed Cassim says:

Shame defeated lol

I just now joined this little soiree, so I’ll be brief. As a former muslim, and a former non-believer, I am qualified to tell absolutely no one how to live their life.

I do thank you, though, Shaheed, for getting me to read this thing I wrote a second time. I thought it quite interesting.

How about, instead of trying to convince others of how you are right, because they are wrong, you just allow people to live their lives.

The idea of Christ saying “depart from me, for I knew you not” was addressing the hypocrisy of some folks to say they are Christians, but not living as Christ did – in caring for others, etc…

Shaheed comes in here, starts out inquisitive, then gets snarky and treats the matters of conscience like some joke he’s playing in his mom’s basement. Awesome. That’s probably the most effective way to win souls for your side.

قُلْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُضِلُّ مَنْ يَشَاءُ وَيَهْدِي إِلَيْهِ مَنْ أَنَابَ

“Say: Verily, Allah sends astray whom He wills and guides unto Himself who turns to Him in repentance.” [Ar-Ra'ad, 13:27]

Since you believe that this is the case – why would you be abusive in your efforts to convince people that they are wrong. It’s not your job. Your job is to be an example and live as Muhammad did.

• Ansari says:

@notamobster : i agree with you, as a muslim, believer of ALLAH, one should not have the permission to abuse others or other beliefs. As a muslim one should tell the truth that come from God. Apart from the war field a muslim should not harm any fellow civilian, a neighbour. A muslim shall fight against an oppression, however he should not harm any women or children.
      **************
      “Abu Hurayrah (radhiallahu anhu) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihe wa-sallam) said: “Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him say what is righteous or keep silent. Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him be kind to his neighbor. And whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him be generous to his guest.” [Saheeh Muslim]
      ***************
      Man does not utter any word except that with him is an observer prepared [to record] Al-Qur’an 50(Chapter):18(Verse)
      ****************
      With the above quotations a muslim should utter good words, be humble with everyone and do not demonstrate any arogance.

However likewise bible also preaches its followers to be so similarly.

27. Locke n Load says:

if that’s what passes for a deep thinking muslim these days, I think I could convert them all to a religion based on MadLibs.

those arguments of his were so juvenile I can only assume he stopped making them because mommy insisted it was naptime

28. RJ says:

I have to wonder what inspires someone to resurect a yr old post and thread to this extent.

As far as he goes I think the correct response to his blather would be “get the behind me satan” I have no time for your lies and misrepresentations.

Or as RD did trounce him into oblivion…

29. Nasser says:

This debate, it sort of interest me. It made my mind open to all your cues. I wish I had all the answers too.

• notamobster says:

I don’t know if I’d want all the answers… As I stated above (in the essay), I just saw the dots, they connected, and made a picture that left a lot more questions than it answered.

Good luck.

30. Jon says:

Hey, Al baghdadi might be the anti christ? Im now thoroughly interested now as a uber rationale christian on whether the book of revelation was describing Islam not some arbitrary white guy making himself head of the world union (lol) Jack van Impe be screwed haha. But seriously, I only i the last few days even heard about the Anti christ references in the Quran and although I do traditionally consider that last book to be ancient dooms day writing on par with other writings of the same genre, as a confessed believer I do believe in prophecy and I neccisarily must allow for it to be inspired irregardless of the psychologistic factors. Islam in the translation suddenly makes it all more sensible. Now Im loathe to think it is the end times or that there are end times generally, but fuck, sicknesses everywhere, russia sabre rattling, an islamic caliphate struggling for power, Israel digging themselves into a hole, Anti westernism at an all time high, christian faith severly crippled or corrupted by western ideology and ripe for islamic persecution . . . . . well im having some doubt, slight, but present.

• notamobster says:

Wow. I didn’t see your comments. Welcome, Jon!

I don’t have a bunch of answers, just more and more questions. Notice the date that this was written. The caliphate is being re-established as we speak (trying, anyway). I didn’t just jump on a bandwagon. I was out in front of this mess we find ourselves in. This ain’t the first time. I read and the old pentium starts lumping information together.

Like I said, just more questions.