“You don’t have the right to steal just because you voted for it.”

This is an interesting debate. It is interesting because Schiff effortlessly obliterates Richard Brodsky’s arguments. I love how Brodsky argues giving people free money will fix the economy. These people really, truly believe that breaking windows is stimulating. Fascinating.

8 Responses to “You don’t have the right to steal just because you voted for it.”

Brodsky sounded like he was being paid by the meme. What a tool. All he did was say one talking point after another followed by nuh-aww.

If giving Americans a $1,000 stimulates the economy, just imagine what we could accomplish if we gave them $1,000,000! Why, the demand side would be huge! Everybody would be buying huge houses and cars and yachts! Why, it would be paradise on earth. The only thing that is keeping us from creating this paradise of demand side economy is the the damned Republicans.

Seriously now. What’s wrong with these people?

I say we go for the gusto – $1B for every man woman and child in America!

I can’t tell if they have malicious intent – or they really just don’t get it.

For guys like Brodsky, I’m sure he just doesn’t get it.

Every ‘original’ thought he’s ever had – ‘originated’ in someone else’s mind.

People seek affirmation of their existing cognitive bias. I do it with issues I have no interest in – or that I’m only vaguely familiar with.

When people find information that seems to confirm what they already suspect (without putting too much thought into it), they latch on and roll with it.

That’s why people who think have a duty to resist that temptation. Once again, it’s human nature, playing itself out in a trillion different minds, each & every day.

To wit:

Scholar: “The world is flat.”

Normal person: ‘I look around and it seems flat. Works for me.’

Thinker: “The world is round and rotates on a semi-fixed axis, which itself circumambulates the sun.”

Scholar: “Nonsense, I just told you that the world is flat.”

Normal Person:“Huh? Nope – flat works.”

Thinker: “Seriously, what’s wrong with these people?” ;-)

What’s wrong with these people is they are crappy. I used to try to understand them, until I realized I was projecting my values of right and wrong onto them. Now I understand there are individuals who have no problem publicly lying, stealing, and don’t care if long term their behavior is destructive to civilization.

6. messup says:

There are approximately 308 million counted individuals as of Rahm Emmanuels 2010 Census, in the USA.

Today: 4.3 million of these are on welfare, 47.1 million on food stamps (SNAP) and 5.6 million on unemployment insurance for a total of some 57 million individuals on some form of government assistance program.

Adding to this, an increasing number of baby boomers, retiring to the already bloated entitlement rolls (some estimated 5.6% or 17.8 million).

One has a pretty dismal picture of USA’s increasing poverty rate. Add to this the unbelievable statistic that some estimated 21 million children in the USA live in poverty, receiving lo-cost government help (possibly illegal aliens, too).

So far, adding these catagories up (some overlap is evident): approximately 95 million American individuals currently living in the USA are in some form of government assistance programs or receiving some form of government assistance. Roughly 1/3 of the country is on “the dole.!!!!” Think about this.

12/10/2012 Reports that Food Stamp (SNAP) rolls increased roughly 600,000 since November 13, 2012 from 47,102,780 to a little over 47,700,000. These are EBT cards used for everything and anything (Obama’s free iPhones?).

How is this “redistribution of American income” going to ultimately work out? HUH??? The numbers just don’t add up. Credit Card debt: 2011 = $48 billion in new debt; 424% than in 2010; 572% than in 2009. How in the world is this conceivably sustainable???? And Bernanke is printing 40 billion/month (Operation Twist) in new money!!!!Pray. Amen.

7. FreedomFighter says:

Schiff is right to call it stealing.

The argument I make with someone when they say they are OK with entitlements is that they are OK with robbery and theft and that they are cowards, or that people who use entitlements are cowards.

When they disagree, and/or take offense to being called a coward, and/or say that it’s not theft I point out that the common street criminal at least has the guts to stick the gun in my face when he tries to rob me.

There is no moral difference between the criminal mugging me on the street at the point of a gun and a welfare recipient using the federal government to rob my bank account…BOTH are stealing what is rightfully mine by virtue of me earning the money legally and morally. The only difference is the entitlement receiver is too chickenshit to rob me directly. They get the gubmint to do it for them.

Freedom Fighter: Amen.