“I love my son. But he terrifies me.”

An insight…

I am sharing this story because I am Adam Lanza’s mother. I am Dylan Klebold’s and Eric Harris’s mother. I am James Holmes’s mother. I am Jared Loughner’s mother. I am Seung-Hui Cho’s mother. And these boys—and their mothers—need help. In the wake of another horrific national tragedy, it’s easy to talk about guns. But it’s time to talk about mental illness.

When I asked my son’s social worker about my options, he said that the only thing I could do was to get Michael charged with a crime. “If he’s back in the system, they’ll create a paper trail,” he said. “That’s the only way you’re ever going to get anything done. No one will pay attention to you unless you’ve got charges.”

Read it all.

10 Responses to “I love my son. But he terrifies me.”

This kid is the next mass murderer. His mother knows it. The social workers know it. Read the article and you will know it. Nothing can be done so simpletons talk about guns instead.

• Rockheim says:

And in a household with such a family member only a fool would keep unsecured firearms.. or any firearms at all.

• xenicalman says:

For those you who have law enforcement experience, you may recall that about 30 years ago, the bleeding hearts had the mental health codes changed. They made mental health a community based health care issue which had the following effects. The DSMR (diagnostic mental health codes) was radically changed to make it more difficult to hospitalize and keep mental health patients in a MH care facility. They basically opened the doors and let them out. Out on the streets came dangerous MH patients who were safely confined and forced to take the medication that rendered them somewhat harmless. Another result was that a MH patient could not be forced to take medications against their will.
      Society has been paying the price ever since.
      How often do we see un-medicated MH patients criminally charged with violent crimes? And how often do we see extraordinary litigation to compel a MH patient to take their medication? We now live in a dangerous society.The current MH code makes it much more difficult to hospitalize these people.
      The signs were there. Our hands were tied. The bleeding hearts now have 27 more victims to add to the victim list. If you want to make society safer, start with the mental health codes and keep your hands off our right to keep and bear arms..

That is terrifying. Can you imagine? Thank the good Lord my boy is just a pain in the butt.

3. fubar says:

the ACLU fought so that the mentally ill have their “rights” to not be locked up.

the result is that we the populace are at their mercy -

4. RJ says:

I read the entire article and a bunch of the comments, the scary part is how many mothers commented, I know just how you feel… my xx yr old son is having the exact same issues.

Lotsa psychos in the wings just growing up, with lost parents who cannot handle them in any way shape or form and want govt intervention.

• R.D. Walker says:

I am okay with government spending on public goods. For example, I support government spending on prisons because the removal of predators is a public good.

Restraining and treating the violently insane is also a public good.

• fubar says:

the liberal answer is to medicate. And to not allow conflict resolution (a good old fistfight between peers) And to go to assemblies that address bullying, but actually increase it.

those who can’t sit still, those who don’t conform are labelled. -

did you know that @ 8million kids are on Ritalin or the other ADHD drugs ? Brain chemistry is different in children, it’s actually a stimulant, it mimics the effects of cocaine, this is used to treat the ‘hyperactivity disorder’ . What happens when you stop taking a drug ? withdrawal. the two who committed the columbine murders were on these drugs, or in the case of the VA Tech shooting, had recently stopped taking similar drugs. NO one addresses this in the medical community and researching it is very difficult because of all the propaganda that is put out there. Also it’s never mentioned how many of the recent violent murderers were under psychiatric “care” or drug use and the side effects.

MOST of those kids just need their ass beat! There are some (very few, comparatively) who are genuinely mentally ill. The rest just need to be shown their place in the pecking order.