It’s inequality that causes mass shootings…

So says this guy.

Yeah, the shooter in Connecticut lived in a $1.6 million house so I don’t think he was feeling economically oppressed.

In any case, to those who think that the 1940s and 1950s were wonderful eras of equality, let me remind you.

9 Responses to It’s inequality that causes mass shootings…

1. Tony says:

I do not deny history. I am reminded of the history by your photograph. The history is clean and crisp in my on mind. I can remember the smell of gasoline at the service station on Main Street. I remember the water fountains outside the service bay. Water fountains side by side. Both fountains spotlessly clean with one fountain slightly lower than the other and bearing the sign “Colored”. I remember drinking from the lower because I could reach it. But I to am also reminded of the myth that the only man to suffer inequity was the black man. I am reminded of the myth that this inequity only occurred in the south. I am suggesting that these tried and proven examples of inequity in the south are being over used. Rightfully pointing a finger at the south while turning a blind eye to the prejudice that permeated the nation and was pervasive in areas other then the south.I am suggesting the entire nation accept responsibility.

2. Tony says:

Bethlehem-Fairfield shipyards, Baltimore, Maryland. A drinking white drinking fountain.

3. Tony says:

People are rightfully asking “why?” Why did these people especially the children have to die? The why is in the sociopath who committed the act. Only the sociopath could have committed such an act. Is the responsible citizen to have his liberty restricted due to the actions of the few insane?

4. Rich says:

I come from South Carolina. I was pretty clueless as a kid as to segregation. I do, however, recall being shocked and hurt when I overheard our maid talking about the whiteys with her friends while waiting for the bus home at the end of work. It was disturbing when I realized that she included me in that group.

My Mother also grew up in South Carolina. She saw all the incidents of segregation, all the varieties of black/white separation. To this day, and she is 83, she is amazed and heartened by the collapse and dissolution of segregation.

During one of my teenage summers I rode to work with an older fellow named Herbert. Herbert was an older black man and one of the finest individuals I have ever known. It was a long drive to and from work, and we often talked of the South, racism, etc. Herbert was most upset by integration. He said it had destroyed black education by removing black kids from their very tough and demanding community schools with predominately black teachers. Those community schools were without doubt very underfunded as compared to their white counterparts. But the black graduates coming from those schools knew their stuff and were competent. Thomas Sowell’s early educational experiences are an example of how well blacks were educated by in their own communities. To this day I think Herbert had it right.

• R.D. Walker says:

There is always unintended consequences. The soft bigotry of low expectations is one of them.

Still, if we believe that it is self evident that all men are created equal and endowed by their Creator with inalienable rights, segregation is just wrong.

Segregation is wrong. Forced integration didn’t help the black community though, either.