4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:
(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;
(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or
(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.
5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.
I don’t really understand their strategy, however. This doesn’t have the slightest chance of becoming law in Missouri and, even if it did, it would very likely be overturned in the courts.
It seems like Democrats are very worried about their radical base. Are they trying to appease them with this sort of crap? Why else would they be pushing radical bills that have a zero percent chance of ever becoming law?Share