In cooperation between the New JEWEL Movement
of Grenada and the Communist Party
of the Soviet Union
The Central Committee of the New JEWEL Movement of Grenada and the Central Committee Communist Party of the Soviet Union,
Guided by the desire to deepen relations between the two parties in a spirit of friendship solidarity, [illeg.]offng that common commitment to the ideals of peace, national liberation, democracy and [il1eg.]c socialism creates favourable opportunities for cooperation,
Proceeding from common goals in the struggle against imperialism, neocolonialism, racialism [illeg.] reaction in all their forms and manifestations,
Reasserting their constant striving to render internationalist support to all peoples fighting for freedom, independence and social progress,
and considering that inter—party cooperation is a most important basis for the development of [illeg.]y relations between the peoples of Grenada and the Soviet Union, have signed the present Agreement under which both parties declare their intention:
1. Steadfastly to extend and deepen their cooperation at all levels.
2. Continuously to exchange experience in party work and party guidance of the social, economic and cultural development of their countries, including regular exchange of information and materials on the aforesaid topics.
3. Regularly to exchange delegations of party workers, to conduct consultations and exchanges of opinion on international matters, problems of the world revolutionary process and present—day social development, and other matters of mutual interest.
4. To promote cooperation in the training of party and government cadres and in furthering political competence.
5. To develop contacts between the party press and other mass communication media, to inform the public of their countries about the activity of the two parties, and of their home and foreign policy, and resolutely to combat hostile imperialist and reactionary propaganda.
6. To promote all-round development of inter-state relations and ties between mass organisations of their countries.
7. Periodically to coordinate and implement concrete plans of inter—party ties, including initiatives that are not covered by the present Agreement.
FOR THE NEW JEWEL MOVEMENT OF GRENADA
FOR THE COMMUNIST PARTY OF THE SOVIET UNION
Moscow, 27 July 1982Share