Off Topic

This off topic thread brought to you by freakin’ Nazis on the Moon!

(Warning: There is an F-bomb in the trailer.)

Previous Off Topic Threads

100 Responses to Off Topic

1. Locke n Load says:

i’m making 10-20 lbs of bacon and pancetta when i get home. figured the curing process might fall under the “survival” category…
    too Ladies Home Journal or should i post it up?

Mass quantities of meat is pure manliness. Post away.

3. Locke n Load says:

ok then :)

4. Locke n Load says:

damn i wish you all could see Pocatello right now.
    snow covered peaks hovering over low altitude clouds, all with a perfectly blue sky and bright sunshine. the city rests in a long valley cut from long gone raging rivers..its just surrounded by beauty. screw politics, this is about as perfect a small ‘city’ gets

Nazis on the moon:
    For anyone that always wanted to kill Nazis but thought we’d run out and wouldn’t get a chance.

Epic.

The trailer looks AWESOME!!!! I mean an invasion of Earth from Nazis who have been hiding out on the far side of the moon, biding their time, waiting… AWESOME!

7. MadBrad says:

I have already made a spot in my library for this DVD and all the sequels that will follow. I believe that it is entirely possible that this will be the greatest movie ever made, PERIOD. I mean think about it, their U-Boat development was well ahead of our submarine program. It only stands to reason that they would have beaten us to the Moon.

8. MadBrad says:

This subject being presented only makes me wonder.

Do you think that the capture of Werner Von Braun and his team was a huge act of strategic deception?

Was Von Braun “Sandbagging” the development of the Saturn Five Rocket to buy time for his compatriots?

Is THIS why we have never seen Hitlers remains?

I WANT ANSWERS!!!

9. slinger says:

This movie has been in the works for YEARS … I had mostly given up on it because I assumed it would never get finished. I am so happy to hear that it is done! …. Looking forward to watching it.

10. Locke n Load says:

Am I the only one who gets this?
    Its an elegant summary of why banks are relying on fed pumps and not lending money. It might however, just sound like jibberish to some. His explanation of the need for liquidity (multiple trading participants) is spot ON.

From Zero Hedge

The real meaning of a treasury bear market may not be a flight out of treasuries into another asset class. Rather it real import could be the lack of liquidity available anywhere for nearly any asset class… Liquidity acts in a financial system like ample water, ambient temperature, and clean air act in an ecosystem. It makes trading strategies proliferate. Further, it makes meaningful intermediation possible, fostering the growth in high yield bonds and marketable loans. Yes, derivatives like vanilla stock options and others too. A financial system without liquidity is like a tropical ecosystem dried into a desert. Without liquidity, it is an open question whether the arbitrage pricing revolution will outlast the antiquated mark-ups of reinsurers. Liquidity makes random processes stationary, which is crucial to make the probabilistic foundations of risk neutral pricing work. Is it intuitively possible to price (and even more buy and sell) credit and interest rate risk without some liquidity in the underlying? How can a bank generate carry when the curve is flat and there is no appreciable differential anywhere that has a minimum tolerance of liquidity?

11. Locke n Load says:

RJ, are you still on the force and what do you do with the meat if called to take down a wild boar?

12. Locke n Load says:

Shooters aiming a round at mainstrean radio…
    i like it

13. Locke n Load says:

Read this. Read it several times if you must but read it carefully.

Greek 10yr bonds are trading at 34%, the debt debate now revolves around a 70% haircut on existing payments( I’ve been saying all along that 75-90% will be the best deal), and the 20Bl Euro interest payment is due March 20. Total package of new “rescue” funds is targeted at 200Bl.

Greece is being asked to cede not just monetary policy but budget writing authority, two of THE most important characteristcs of soveriegnty. Greece is, in effect, being strongarmed into a horrible choice: accept terms and lose almost all control over domestic policy to the ECB and IMF or “hard default”, crash what lttle trade remains, and enter almost certain revolution.

If they cede control they will set the precedent for Italy etc but really, they’ll be the first state ‘purchased’ in what seems to be a new world order type of union. There are at least 5 countries that could suffer this fate, specifically, proxy ownership by world banks.

We’ve been wondering how the new world order would commence, how the currency would emerge. It may just happen because the largest central banks decide its worth it to Monetize enough pretend debt to buy the continent in whatr could be termed a hostile takeover.

I’ve been saying it along, Greece should just default, go back to the drachma, and attempt to control their own domestic unrest as best possible. What would you choose? Revolution or servitude?

Wirecutter has some observations on Zombies and the apocalypse. He disagrees with those who preach defense in all things.

15. BrunDawg says:

BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) – Romania’s government collapsed Monday following weeks of protests against austerity measures, the latest debt-stricken government in Europe to fall in the face of raising public anger over biting cuts.

16. Locke n Load says:

Lets see…
    17lbs of pork belly in the fridge in bacon brine, mother in law back from LA, father in laws stocked the bar with at LEAST $500 in top shelf booze, I’ve made a half dozen versions of long island ice teas, and the HotPot meal continues…
    Tomorrows the birthday and it will be more of the same, this time with Lobster and Prawns…
    Should I say its good to be home or is that sort of…understood?

Oh, and the 2 year old has learned how to use a squirt gun :)
    hehehehe

17. MadBrad says:

Happy Birthday L&L! It sounds like a proper celebration underway.

18. jacksonsdad says:

Holy Schnikes!

“Lower Our Voices” aka STFU.

19. RJ says:

LnL
    Still on the force, and though I have seen a couple wild pigs in the creek bottoms in town I have not had to take one out in the Line of Duty,

However, experience says boars in excess of about 100 lbs get real gamey tasting from all the Testarone they produce.

best weight for wild pig is about 40-70 lbs,
    makes great sausage, roasted whole or smoked over mesquite, some guys have so many on their deer leases they shootem dead, pull the backstraps for eaten and leave the rest for the buzzards.

Hams can be smoked like farm pig, as can bacon, but you wont get to much off a small pig.

Other than that just cookem like you would any other wild game.

From the Walmart bakery….

I just want everybody to know that, while I live within a short drive of this store, this is not me.

Fellow Eastern Iowans Vanagram, AWMens, JRT and RJM will have to speak for themselves.

(Link is a little bit NSFW.)

22. RJM says:

Does anyone else find it curious that RD knows where this place is?

And he delivered the news of the event so quickly.

Curiouser and curiouser…

C’mon guys. If I wanted pRÓη, I have the Internet. Duh.

25. RJM says:

Just messing with you RD, it would be illogical for Spock to have the emotional desire!

26. Locke n Load says:

RJ, I gotta tell ya, that leaves me disappointed. I was hoping you folks had a regular apt. with the feral hog brigade and might be able to supply me with a pig or two. I have a new friend in the area who will process pigs for $60 and doggonit, I’d put in the pickmuptruck for the effort.

C’mon… “slap that ass?” I think it’s clear who the perp is…

(ahem: …happypap… just saying)

28. AW Mens says:

Not me RD. No need.
    Got one for Christmas.
    Van on the other hand has a mask like that.

Today I received by Integrated Zombie Eradication and Containment Command unit coin. I assume it was for an outstanding showing in a general inspection. Thank you General Sorawitte. I am honored.

It was my pleasure, General RD. Keep your powder dry. Zombies are everywhere.

31. Slaphappypap says:

@ Nota. “Cops described the suspect as a “white male, approximately 5’8″ – 5’10″, 165 lbs.”

Uhm. The last time I was in Iowa I was 14. We went to McDonald’s. That river was a moving!

32. Slaphappypap says:

Brad- I didn’t want to flood the other post with my counter answer about sports entertainment of pro wrestling. Honestly, the last time I saw an actual match “Hacksaw” Jim Duggen was at Rosemont Horizon in Chicago. I can’t remember who he beat though. “The Bushwackers” were on the bill as well. As far as it being scripted, Eh. All sports are scripted. Las Vegas controls all sports. Do I sound like a tin foil hat goof?

Anybody who watched wrestling int the 80′s remembers Barry O. For those of you who are not familiar, think of Barry O as the Washington Generals of pro wrestling. As you may know, the Generals were the only opponent the Harlem Globe Trotters ever faced, (well, virtually). And like the Washington Generals, Barry O never won a match. I just felt like giving him a shout out tonight for shits and giggles.

Now, being an 80′s wrestling fan, I’ve seen the pile driver, flying crossed-arm chop, the suplex and of course, the abominable figure 4. However, by far, and just discovered by me, the absolute, bar none, best wrestling move I have ever seen can be witnessed by you as well. Behold! The Open Finger Friction Drag, (and judging by the referee’s reaction, highly illegal), starring Jesse “The Body” Ventura, (Before he starred in Predator, before he was Gov of Minnesota, and before he became batshit crazy), and Barry O. You can watch the whole match or can skip to 1:59 to see said legendary move.

34. MadBrad says:

Anybody who has a child of their own or in any way in their life should show this display of survival skills to that child…

35. MadBrad says:

Ahhh yes, Hacksaw Jim and the Bushwhackers. Classic works of art right there, LONG before the “Attitude Era” began its long erosion of the business. Those guys knew how to work without cheap gimmicks.

BMan, that’s a sharp eye you have there. I never noticed the two-finger friction drag. How could I miss such a painful and obviously debilitating move?

Barry O came from one of the greatest Pro Wrestling Dynasties there is. Why didn’t he rise up from out of Jobroni Status? He couldn’t sell. He couldn’t connect with the crowd. Imagine if the WWF/WWE had conducted itself like the Republican Party by trying to put over characters who just don’t have “IT” just because they come from a powerful family in the business, regardless of fan reaction. That wouldn’t be very good for business, now would it? After all, if you can’t put asses in seats you aren’t doing what you are being paid to do.

36. MadBrad says:

Terry Funk is known among many ring workers as the greatest Heel of all time. One of his methods was to do something to his opponent that seriously pissed them off, in order to make the body of work look better and go over well. In his book, Dusty Rhodes talks about an incident at Championship Wrestling from Florida where he was doing an interview with Gordon Solie and Terry Funk picked up a bundle of coiled barbed wire (left over from a previous work), and threw it at Dusty Rhodes, hitting him in his shoulder. Then he just stood there with a “Do something about it” look on his face. Needless to say, Dusty Rhodes and Terry Funk did a great job connecting with the crowd that day.

I use the very same method with RD on this forum all the time.

Now we’ve got the Outback Hanyak Lyun doing a great job of “Heeling it up” in here. Very nice work on his part too. He keeps things lively when he wants to.

I read that after the first season of the Andy Griffith Show, Andy Griffith figured out the show worked better if Sheriff Taylor was a straight man and he let Barney, Otis, Goober, Floyd, Gomer and the rest of Mayberry’s boneheads play off of him.

I totally get that, Brad.

I knew it!! Cats are stealing our souls.

A Parasite Found In Cats Could Be Manipulating Our Brains

39. Locke n Load says:

Before I get back on the road I just have to say this…
    YOU didn’t get homemade bacon for breeakfast and I DID!!!
    Bwahahahahahaha!

Details forthcoming soon.
    Absolutely worth the effort

40. MadBrad says:

The mere THOUGHT of home made Bacon drives me completely insane. The recipe must be published.

Brad: You had homemade bacon at the firemen’s breakfast in my town when you were here. Remember?

42. JenR says:

Language warning, but pretty entertaining. It’s had almost two million views in just two days.

43. jacksonsdad says:

They are misguided, wrong-headed and sometimes unhinged but… I thought Team Obysmal was smarter this. This contraception thing was ill-advised from the jump but once the fireworks started dontcha think they shuda known the coalition they were forming? Rarely (if ever) do you see such unanimity amongst the various religious flavors. They’ve managed to unite the only REAL majority in these United States … the majority of good folks who happen to be BELIEVERS. Congrats to Team O… and THANK YOU!

Did they not foresee the Jewish faithful saying “Whoa! That sounds a bit too familiar to us! Who/ What’s next?” It’s the very definition of the “Slippery Slope” and EVERYONE who cherishes their religious freedom knows that this assault is intolerable. So what does Team O do? They craft a master plan to shift the fiscal responsibility. Like RD said… “they think it’s about the money”. Bad for them, good for us.

And isn’t it just par for the course with these BOZO’s? “Tone Deaf” doesn’t do it justice… they are GONG DEAF. Thick Thick Thick. This is gonna go down as one of the All Time Boneheadedest Political Blunders. Bad for them, good for us.

btw… can anyone connect the dots for me between “Women’s Health” and “the morning-after pill”? Seems to me an impossible case to make with a straight face. Gong-friggin’-deaf y’all. I hope they get EXACTLY what they deserve.

44. TN-Cat says:

That would be awesome RD. would love to see JD posting.

45. Notamobster says:

A jd rants segment would be great! I look forward to seeing his name on the right.

46. slinger says:

Taking the Garand to the range tomorrow … looking forward to introducing a few friends to the greatest battle weapon ever devised …

I just wish I could afford 30-06 more often :-)

Slap. In other cases I would just flip out a line about another dead druggie. She had such talent and presence, but that seems to have not much effect on personal choices. How sad.

48. Slaphappypap says:

I agree Sorta. That’s why I posted it. She was a good girl until the devil on her shoulder took over.

49. BaconNeggs says:

I imagine many of you already listened to this speech.

Take control of the Senate.
    Damn inspiring!

50. MadBrad says:

A black guy,
    an illegal alien,
    a muslim, and
    a communist walk into a bar.

The bartender asks,

“What can I get you Mr. President?”

Because sometimes you just need to heat up your junk.

Relieving you of unwanted moisture? Does that mean it makes you piss yourself?

53. MadBrad says:

This is a cheese making device that is allowed under the “Let’s MOO-oooove” campaign.

54. Locke n Load says:

Ugh. First draft of Bacon post became Ham and Bacon post, then got lost. 5 pages in MS Word is clearly NOT rounds on target, will pare it down,lol. I’m tellin ya guys, its just easier for me to write when I’m not trying to. Back in the states but running overnights so I’ll see what I can do to get it out ASAP.

Don’t get me wrong, its not rocket science but I figured the process and reasons behind it need explanation. Curing ham is either a bitch or a breeze, and the harder of the two is the best approach for both flavor and shelf life.

I’ll be darned. Unwittingly I guess I found a way to get Brad to post more. All I had to do was overtake him in posts.

Slinger. How did you and the M-1 do at the range? I saw some Greek 30/06 ammo at the Civilian Marksmanship for something like 54 cents each. Non-corrosive, Berden primed. Min purchase 200 rounds. Also, they are running about 3 months behind on shipping ammo. What’s a shooter to do?

57. Notamobster says:

Cheaperthandirt.com

58. John B. says:

Bman: Because the only thing wives like better than our hairy butts is our SWEATTY hairy butts!

59. MadBrad says:

Sorta, I have found that Greek Ammo seem to be not as accurate as stuff from the Lake City Arsenal.

60. MadBrad says:

Jim, I’ve actually been busy at Galts Gulch over the past couple of Months. I just got back as RD was going on vacation, so I knew I needed to step up. I’m glad you have surpassed me, Sir. The presssure was becoming unbearable.

61. slinger says:

Sortahwitte, the Garand did well as always, despite this shooter’s lack of skill :-) Two friends got to experience shooting the Garand for the first time. One friend had a Springfield 1903, so we shot the two side-by-side. Man the Garand makes shooting the 30-06 so much more comfortable.

I had a few boxes of 30-06 lying around, and I picked up one more box from Cabelas the previous weekend. The box I bought was specifically manufactured by Hornady for the Garand. I wanted my friends to get the full experience, so I splurged … it was $36 for 20 rounds after taxes … yikes!

It was incredibly windy, and the Garand with iron sights stayed on target better than my 5.56 with optics.

On a side note, I have an opportunity to pick up a 1903 for around $100. Unfortunately, it’s sporterized … can’t beat the deal though. I really need to get a reloader going for 30-06.

62. slinger says:

I just spent my lunch hour making snowmen with my daughter … in Tucson. Must be that global warming everyone talks about.

I told my daughter that I paid a guy to make us snow for Valentine’s Day. I said it was very expensive, but that she was worth it :-)

Anyway, I wonder if Al Gore is in town …

63. MadBrad says:

Slinger, I have been informed that many people who believe that they will soon need a reliable and accurate combat rifle for upcoming events are flocking IN DROVES to the M1 Garand, so much so that there is now a great assortment of MOLLE pouches made specifically for supporting the weapon. The M1 Garand… still the great weapon it has always been and will soon be engaged in the struggle for Liberty in the 21st Century! What an awesome Rifle.

64. RJM says:

M1 Garands CMP Program. Veterans are automatically approved for purchases, purchase direct without having to go through a FFL. Civilians can purchase also with a few requirements. Check it out!

Here’s recent e-mail that I received.

CMP STORES SCHEDULES FOR 2012: Both CMP stores have resumed their normal operating schedule Wed – Sat. Operating hours are posted on the web pages for the CMP North store at Camp Perry, OH and the CMP South store in Anniston, AL. Please see http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/stores.htm.

BAYONET AND SCABBARDS – 16”: We still have a small quantity of 16” bayonets available for purchase. These bayonets and scabbards are all used and condition ranges from good to poor. Bayonets are separated by manufacturer. Scabbards are not separated by manufacturer. Bayonets and scabbards are sold separately. For more detailed description and pricing, please see http://www.thecmp.org/Sales/relatedsales.htm (Accessories Tab). No limit on the number of bayonets or scabbards a customer may purchase.

SHIPPING AND HANDLING INCREASE: CMP S&H rates for rifles have increased to $24.95. Shipping rates have changed for other items also. Previously S&H for orders under $50 was $6.95 and $8.95 for orders over $50. New S&H is $6.95 for orders under $100 and $8.95 for orders over $100.

UPDATE ON .22CAL SIGHTS: CMP has accumulated a few hundred sights for the .22 cal rifles we have sold over the past 15 years. We are in the process of inspecting them and making them ready for sale, but do not expect to have them ready for another 2-3 weeks. Once they are ready, we will announce them via sales update email and list them on the estore.

GARAND PRICE INCREASE: The price of some grades of CMP M1 Garands are increased for any orders received after 1 Jan 2012. Any orders already in-house will be charged the price listed at time order was mailed. Please see http://www.thecmp.org/Sales/rifles.htm.

M1 GARAND SERVICE GRADE NOW AVAILABLE: We currently have approximately 2,000 Service Grade rifles available for sale. For pricing please see http://www.thecmp.org/Sales/rifles.htm

CMP CATALOG: The 2012 issue of the CMP catalog is now available for download at http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/pdfs/catalog.pdf.

Thank you for your continued support.

Orest Michaels
    Chief Operating Officer

65. RJ says:

M1 is a good one, but outta my price range, guess I’ll have to make due with the 1903A3 and make my shots count.

66. RJM says:

Field grade M1 Springfields are only $525.

I have a 1917 Remington that my Dad owned. It is all original and in excellent condition. It hadn’t been shot in over 30 years, I cleaned it up in 2010 and on the 4th of July my oldest son and I shot it.

We shot groups of about 2″ at 80 yards, iron sights.

Serial numbers are all correct and match.

I don’t know how my Dad acquired it, it may have been through the local American legion from back in the 50′s.

We have agreed that it will only be shot once a year on the 4th of July. My dad died in 1980 1 month short of his 50th birthday.

67. Slaphappypap says:

The most corrupt city in the nation. The People’s Democratic Republic of Chicago. University of Illinois at Chicago explains:

Chicago and Illinois are the most corrupt in the nation… and in similar news water is wet, grass is in-fact green, and the sky is blue most of the time.

I didn’t expect to see Mad Brad in south Florida but I did.

70. MadBrad says:

Yes, a Honey Badger with the Skunk look. A perfect representation.

71. Notamobster says:

Honey badger don’t give a shit!

72. Notamobster says:

My oldest, we’ll call her Notagoodchoicemaker…
    Just failed her economics quiz on “smith, Marx,Engels”.

0/10…

So sad.

I’m heartbroken because she knows this material…. She just doesn’t care.

Teenagers.

73. Locke n Load says:

ugh….
    I’m thinking school is the last thing on her mind. she’s made some interesting choices of late and reconciling those with how she feels about the friction its caused might make a lot of kids say F it.
    0/10 almost sounds deliberate Nota. Maybe it was.

74. Notamobster says:

Lazy.

That’s what I see.

75. Locke n Load says:

if that was a small caliber shot the guy is AWESOME. Well done!

Jim, you’ve been posting some great stuff this week. I wish I could have seen or commented on all of it but honestly, I’ve been absolutely overwhelmed since I left home. Good work just the same.

I’m crashing. Now. Guessing 15hrs, whaddya say..

Bacon post is complete, just needs editing. Guys, find a good butcher or ethnic market. Place yourn special orders and assume 30% shrinkage when planning for yield. I should have it up in time for you to start the process by sunday night. That leaves you smoking the belly by thursday/friday and REAL bacon next weekend.

Maybe this Hindi clown will be flying in it next time. We can only hope.

77. Locke n Load says:

the all day whitney houston griefathon has breached pathos and now threaterns to redefine bathos…
    If i wasnt already going deaf i’d be tempted to jam icepicks in my ears rather than hear her scream this song again. its not meant to be a self aggrandizing aria miss houston, its supposed to be wistful. like this…

78. Locke n Load says:

oh crap, i forgot!
    happy b-day MrsJim22!

Am I an asshole for not giving a crap about whitney houston? Cripes! She sang songs. Big whoop.

80. TN-Cat says:

I’m with you Bman. I guess I’m an asshole too that could give a rats ass about a women who had everything and pissed it away on drugs, booze and self pitty.

81. Locke n Load says:

Good thing nothings happened in the world this last week so the MSM could do her justice
    /facepalm

82. Slaphappypap says:

I really feel bad for drug addicts. I do. The shit does take over. It takes over so much that Whitney actually borrows against her royalties to buy pills and to “survive” another day. That’s why her funeral is in Newark. Who requests their funeral in New Jersey? I know she’s from there but shit. That is the real story we as conservatives should be telling. Self responsiblity.

I was listening to the radio on my way to work yesterday and a well known reporter was saying that Dolly Parton should pay for Whitney’s funeral. I almost lost it! Dolly Parton didn’t do shit to Whitney. Neither did her ex-husband. Whitney overdosed Whitney! I loved her voice as a singer, but flags at half staff? Really? People crying/mad for not being let into the funeral? INSANE! All of it is stupid insane!

Sorry, just had to rant.

I’m with ya Slap. Flags at half staff? Christie is an idiot.

84. Locke n Load says:

Slap, what station and who? Roe Conn? Are you serious? He must have been joking, right? Wtf could be the justification for THAT?

85. Slaphappypap says:

No. Not Roe Conn. Amy Jacobson on WIND 560. I know she claims to be a Republican, small “r”. More Marxism?

We are traveling back to Iowa today.

We have returned safely to the Revo Compound. I feel way out of the loop. Forgive me if I double post.

Glad you and the family are back home safe. Did the big mouse try to goose you?

I have a six year old. There is no way to avoid an ambush by the Mouse. This time it was Disney Hollywood Studios.

We also went to the beach, went on an Everglades airboat ride, rode on camels and swam for hours in grandma and grampa’s swimming pool.

Good times.

Riding a camel is a weird feeling isn’t it?

Glad you guys have safely returned to the compound.

91. Locke n Load says:

welcome back. i slapped around a troll or 2 on your behalf, just for good measure :)
    we seem to have gained a young RP fan as well.

Hits are way up again. We were picked up as a regular feature on Before It’s News.

93. Locke n Load says:

good.
    explains a lot of the more colorful comments