Off Topic

This off topic thread is brought to you by Pac Man Fever.

Previous Off Topic Threads

96 Responses to Off Topic

1. jacksonsdad says:

Just wanted to be the first comment on the fresh Off Topic thread…

Dedicated to all my Red, White, and Blue Revoista’s out there! (Brad).

Revo Quick Poll

My friend _______ me about drinking beer tonight.

A) texted
    B) text

Which is the proper choice?

Hmmm…texted sounds so…hanyak to me. I like B.

…and you runned to the store to get it?

…and you runned to the store to get it?

/twitches

No, I ran. The simple past and past participle of run is ran. I ran after he texted me.

text (third-person singular simple present texts, present participle texting, simple past and past participle texted)

Only here. I LOVE THIS PLACE. That is all.

Well, regardless of what the proper use is, my feeling can be summed up by Mort in a way.

Someday I bet they change it to option “B”

Think you have troubles? Life getting you down? Job pissing you off? Is the wife nagging you? Bills piling up? Are politics getting on your nerves?

You don’t have any fucking troubles.

What passes for entertainment in Mesquite, TX.

Damn, Sweet Brown was in a tight spot!

I hope she got her cold pop.

13. KWMatthews says:

ಠ_ಠ

Really? A trillion dollars over ten years of missed potential income is somehow worse than an annual deficit increase of over a trillion?

14. Lerxst says:

On this day in 1976, Apple co-founder Ronald Wayne sold his 10% stake in the company for $800. Today it would be worth over $56 Billion (with a B).

Lerxst: I am writing that name and date down on a piece of paper and carry it around in my billfold just in case I ever get a ride on a time machine. I am going to offer Wayne a cool thousand for his shares.

Then I am going head down to Memphis and save Elvis… but that is another story.

16. TN-Cat says:

Had to share.

Coming home from work tonight, in front of me was a mini van with a “COEXIST” bumper sticker on the left and another saying;

Obama 2012
    The Less Bad One

Talk about dumbing down the message to reach the demographic!

17. Notamobster says:

Morena Baccarin who played Inara Serra on Firefly is absolutely breathtaking. That is all. Carry on.

18. Notamobster says:

So, I’m on episode 5 of Firefly and I’m in love with a hooker… sorry, a Companion.

The show is a bit cheesy but addicting. I love the duality of man displayed herein and the outlyers trying to make their way in a broken and fluked up system. Good show. Mrs Nota made jokes and laughed at it but I think it’s shiny!

Mrs. Walker did too… at first. Then she got addicted and is a fan.

All four women on Serenity are easy on the eyes.

Hellish storms blowing through here. So far no tornadoes, though.

Stay low, RD. I see a big blob of red moving into your neighborhood. Everything went west of us this evening, but it’s expected to fire up again after midnight. We’re ready to go to the bunker. Just have to take our old people medicines and the pump mossberg. The hole is all stocked up for the pockylips.

Stuff blown around the yard and a few branches down but nothing serious. Round two tonight, however…

• R.D. Walker says:

Got out and about. Lots of trees down and the car wash is totally destroyed. The storage area where I keep my ’69 Impala was damaged too. My unit is okay however. What a mess.

The weather radio rolled us out of bed at 0315 for a thunderstorm warning. Horizontal rain and wind. Over in 20 minutes. One half inch of rain.

Not so good at Woodward, west of here. 5 dead last I heard, including 2 small children.

24. aRevolutionNow says:

Couldn’t believe this… well then again i can, first time i can say i actually would slap the shit out of a woman. hope this link works…..

First, I want to say that I am advocate of nuking this video from orbit. It must eventually be cleansed with fire.

Now, having said that, I feel that I have a duty to make sure that you Revoistas stay tuned into pop culture so you can be, I dunno, relevant or something. You know I am doing this because I love you. It hurts me more than it hurts you.

Let’s get on with it. This shit is going viral and you need to know what is what out there even though it will make you yearn for a new Rebecca Black video. Take a double shot and a settle in. It is for your own damned good.

Note: It is possible the above video was pure satire in which case it was actually pretty good in a cringeworthy way.

27. DarthJay says:

Thanks, RD. I think I just got a little dumber. I could actually feel brain cells committing suicide. Ouch.

28. BrunDawg says:

PORTLAND, Ore. — Frequent flying businessman John Brennan set off an explosives wand at Portland International Airport Tuesday and stripped naked to show TSA screeners he was not carrying a bomb.
    Brennan says he hopes his actions will start a trend.

So RD, care to give my dearly departed brain cells a eulogy after my watching that vid? Perhaps with an explanation of how it was for some greater good? I’m having a hard time justifying their loss to the rest.

30. aRevolutionNow says:

One of those girls in that brainfuk of a video will probably run for office one day…. you know it’s just a popularity contest anyways…. Democrats prove that.

Uke: I know it is painful, but I am helping you keep in touch with what the kids are up to. It is a service I provide free of charge. It is like a prostate exam: You don’t like it but you know it is good for you.

Now, somebody kill that creepy video before it lays eggs.

I’m now going to go hang myself in the shed. Everyone thank RD for ending my life in it’s prime.

Thanks RD. Those turds are the Obama Administration of the ‘artistic’ world.

I want my 3 minutes and 4 seconds back. It did remind me of my exit physical in the USMC. A prostate exam given by a navy captain with hands the size of a 1956 Mercury hubcap. Just thinking about it makes my ass sting all over again.

34. Slaphappypap says:

Yes, I reached a whole 1 minute and four seconds. It looks like someones spoiled little snots threw a tantrum and finally got their mommy to rent a limo for their personal music video.

Music Videos are have been dead since the early 2000′s (That’s what the kids tell me.)

On a personal note, I intend to cut my arms with an xacto blade and pour salt on my wounds.

35. KWMatthews says:

Whenever I see MadBrad and Lyun going at it, I know I need to grab the popcorn. :D

That video is retarded. I dont like using that word often, but its fracking retarded. Shit like this makes me feel uncomfortable. I am currently feeling the way I do when I try to watch a “Very Brady Christmas.” I don’t like that feeling.

This video is equivalent to fingernails on a chalkbaord to me.

I believe it is at 2:14 that Mike admits he is a homosexual.

37. BrunDawg says:

Unconfirmed at 10:45 am CST:
    Unconscious pilot at controls of private plane circling over Gulf of Mexico; authorities expect it will soon crash into water.

Marketing win!

On the road home. In Tucson again. Blew a tire on Tuesday. Ick.

Drive safe, Jim. Godspeed. Tell mrs. 22 I say hey.

Beautiful day on the southern Great Plains. Went to the range. Shot my new Ruger LCR .357, what a machine! My friend was trying out his 1903/A3. A gunsmith had done some cleaning up on the bolt and bolt handle to make it easier to mount a scope. He was shooting the ammo made for the M1 Garand. At 100 yards, he was driving tacks. At 200, he did OK, but was not satisfied. Practice, practice, practice.

He’s older and more blind than I am. I hate him. Not really. We’ve been friends since we were both 5 years old.

Mrs22 says hey back. We’ll miss seeing you, Nota.

Last night in Pocatello, Idaho.

You could take a ‘minor’ detour through the heartland and come to Mi. ;-)

Nota,

Mrs.22 says, “Hi, also”, to Magellan.

We’re going the other way. Tonight we’re in Missoula, Montana. We’ll be home in the American Redoubt tomorrow.

Mrs.22 thinks Michigan would be a good place for a get-together. She says the UP is beautiful.

Hope you have work soon.

I have an interview in the am.

Good luck. We hope it works out – and that it’s something you want to do.

48. KWMatthews says:

Good luck, buddy.

I should find something out mid week

50. BaconNeggs says:

What is Obama thinking?

I can understand to a certain degree, wanting to leave Okinawa to save money, but that token US military base is priceless land won from the Japanese by blood and guts sacrifices.

And is this really the best time to leave Japan given China’s current Naval expansion in the Pacific?

That move to Guam and Hawaii was decided during the Bush Administration. Japan has been asking the US to leave for sometime. Basing out of Guam will be less expensive and just as effective.

Unless, of course, all those Marines cause Guam to capsize.

My Internet service has been down for about thirty hours. Sorry.

Has anyone else been affected?

Obama is owning it.

Sarah Palin: “What is the difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull?”

Barack Obama: “A pitbull is delicious.”

So he is going to end the dog-eating jokes by embracing them. Smart move.

It isn’t really the pooch-eating that is the problem, however. The problem is that when it comes to the economy, he is screwing the pooch.

54. jacksonsdad says:

Love this….

Interesting…

Returning U.S. soldiers have trouble with road rules at home

My son told me that when driving after he got home from Iraq, every piece of junk, dead animal or disturbed ground along the road made him take notice and avoid. He got over it, however.

You know who else has trouble with road rules? Manitoba drivers….and Minnesotans.

interesting site. Take a look.

If the last two las prostitutas had been paid, you would have never heard of any of this.

U.S. Secret Service personnel tied to last month’s night of heavy drinking, partying and sexual encounters in Cartagena, Colombia paid 10 of the 12 women they became involved with, officials said. None of the women were found to be connected to terrorist organizations or drug cartels.

Everything was going great until Special Agent Jon Smith tried to redeem that counterfeit “Groupon.”

See what happens when you cheap out?

We are going to log our two millionth visitor sometime today. That is pretty cool because we logged our one millionth visitor almost exactly a year ago when we were three and a half years old.

Congratulations to all!

2,000,000+ congrats to all involved. Thanks for making this such a wonderful place to hang out.

On to your daily WTF?

I have the sharpest scientific mind presently in my living room… this quackery made me shake my head in confusion.

I checked it out because I am familiar with a Christian denomination who believe that the entirety of the heavens revolve around the earth.

Sigh. Where to start? Yes, the earth is orbiting the sun. Relative to the sun, the earth is orbiting in a near circular elliptical orbit. The operative word there is “relative.” Relative to some other arbitrary point, the sun is moving. Therefore, the planets create the spiral pattern in the video. Where is this arbitrary point and why is it relevant? Beats the hell out of me. It isn’t mentioned in the video.

Let’s think about this. You and I are flying together in a northbound jet airliner. Naturally, we are flying first class. You decide to go back to talk to Bman flying coach in seat 36F. As you walk to the back of the plane, which direction are you going?

You might say south and I might agree with you… relative to the airliner. The plane is flying at 500 mph, however, and you are walking at 3 mph. You are still going north at 497 mph relative to the ground. No matter what you do, you are never going to go south. You can’t run faster than 500 mph.

Does that mean you will never get back to Bman’s seat? Hell no. Of course you will. All that matters in that regard is that you are walking 3 mph relative to Bman. The ground doesn’t enter into it.

The ground, however, is relevant to us getting to our destination and, frankly, it is hard to ignore in the grand scheme of our lives. The arbitrary spot in space that turns circles into spirals is a hell of a lot less relevant to, well, anything and everything.

I won’t even address the whackadoo crap about our genetic plan in space.

By the way, it might be loop-to-loops if my arbitrary reference point has the sun and planets moving in a direction that is parallel with the orbital plain. Nothing says it has to be moving in a direction perpendicular to the orbital plane as shown in the video. There is no fixed reference point in space and my arbitrary point is as valid as that whackadoo’s arbitrary point.

For the record, I am not making this stuff up. It was Einstein’s Theory of Relativity that overturned the concept of motion from Newton’s day proving that all motion is relative.

36F huh? Why does Bman have to sit in coach with all the peasants? I do like the aisle seats, though. Speaking of 36F, Mary Ellen Moffet…Man I miss her….

You made the sacrifice of sitting in coach in the name of science. That’s the kind of man you are.

I bet parts of Ms. Moffet engaged in motion relative to one another.

I’d love to stay and chat but I am volunteering in the community garden this evening. I am working with the Committee for Five Year Planning of Arugula Production Quotas. It is part of my job as a member of the People’s Zonal Council for Workers, Farmers, Tradesmen, Miners and Students. We are going to read a letter from Obama’s Regional Commissar tonight. I think Julia is going to be there if she gets done at Abortionarium No. 731 soon enough.

Forward, comrades, forward.

Got this today:

TWO SKINNY LAWYERS

Amazing comparison.

Two Skinny Lawyers:

For all of us who have made disparaging remarks about President Obama, please read the following…

I’m sure most of us have read the so-called comparison of Lincoln and Kennedy, but did you ever consider the relationship between Obama and Lincoln?

You might be surprised…

Parallels of Abraham Lincoln and Barack Hussein Obama:

1. Lincoln placed his hand on the Bible for his inauguration. Obama used the same Bible.

2. Lincoln came from Illinois. Obama comes from Illinois.

3. Lincoln served in the Illinois Legislature. Obama served in the Illinois Legislature.

4. Lincoln had very little experience before becoming President. Obama had very little experience before becoming President.

5. Lincoln rode the train from Philadelphia to Washington for his inauguration. Obama rode the train from Philadelphia to Washington for his inauguration.

6. Lincoln was a skinny lawyer. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

7. Lincoln was a Republican. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

8. Lincoln was in the United States military. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

9. Lincoln believed in everyone carrying their own weight. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

10. Lincoln did not waste taxpayers’ money on personal enjoyments. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

11. Lincoln was highly respected. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

12. Lincoln was born in the United States. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

13. Lincoln was honest, so honest he was called Honest Abe. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

14. Lincoln saved the United States. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

Amazing, isn’t it?

67. Notamobster says:

Thanks for taking a back seat for science, Bman. Hope the fat broads you were stuck between didn’t talk your ears off.

Well, it’s back to the re-edutainment facility to finish teaching the racist tea-partiers to enjoy BET.

The Miller Hi-Life and cocktail weinies in first class were awesome. I burped all night.

I didn’t mind the two fat broads at all…right Sorta?

70. BrunDawg says:

Reading the proper British reviews of a male hair removal product on Amazon brought tears to my eyes.
    “Being a loose cannon who does not play by the rules the first thing I did was ignore the warning and smear this all over my knob and bollocks. The bollocks I knew and loved are gone now. In their place is a maroon coloured bag of agony which sends stabs of pain up my body every time it grazes against my thigh or an article of clothing.”
    And
    “I tried to keep calm washing off the napalm
    Leaving me all of a fluster
    You could boil a small lake or cook a big steak
    With the heat from my genital cluster.”

Oh man, BrunDawg – Those reviews are all hillarious.

Sergeant slaughter and his two lovely daughters
    Do get the occasional trim.
    New bird on the stage, nearly half my age
    My purchase a bit of a whim

The instruction book did not get a look
    I thought I knew how to use Veet
    Whipped out my tower, whilst stood in the shower
    Spreading it liberally all over my meat

I flipped off the cap, lifted up the old chap
    Pushing the limits i’m sure
    I wanted to groom in the valley of doom
    Now my starfish is bleeding and raw

I tried to keep calm washing off the napalm
    Leaving me all of a fluster
    You could boil a small lake or cook a big steak
    With the heat from my genital cluster.

Less grass on the wicked, but all’s still not cricket
    It does add an inch or two
    A full week past, how long will it last?
    Still unable to sit, stand or poo.

You may well cry but tears will dry,
    Leaving balls as smooth as jam jars,
    My slong looks huge, still no sign of pubes
    So i’m happy to award it 5 stars

Bman. You know me too well. We should meet somewhere and tell funny stories.

73. Notamobster says:

I just found an amazing new show: Duck Dynasty.

It centers around a family and their business. They’re good honest working folks and redneck to the core.

They’re funny and cherish their extended family, God, and country. I love it.

Nota. I like it too. The family members and employees are the funniest people in a long time.

This one is for the fellas. It is a game you can’t win. It is way too difficult. Have a 45 second staring contest with Kate Upton.

Bet you lose.

(My record is seven seconds.)

It is NSFW if you work in the Vatican, at an elementary school or for the federal government.

I did it. Just stare straight ahead, and use peripheral vision to monitor if her top pops off. A famous chick like that, it won’t.

Kate sure packs a lot of saline.

Bet you lose.

(My record is seven seconds.)

So odd. It was supposed to be a staring contest, right? But I never even saw her eyes. I swear I tried to find ‘em, but I think they were photoshopped out or something. Thing’s damn rigged.

Geeze. Eat a sammich!

My bad, thought it was Kate Hudson.

80. BaconNeggs says:

Lest we forget, its VE Day today.

I noticed Google who usually note “really important” dates, had no fancy Logo for VE Day on its UK site. But its not just Google alone, because like so much once considered important, its just another historical date that slides further into the recesses of time and fades away.

Racist Crackheads For Obama:

Whatever the President wants, give it to him.

I have been overwhelmed lately. I discovered Project Gutenberg online with thousands of free books. You can download them in HTML and for Kindle. It is an amazing and free resource.

I just this minute finished The Lonely Island.

Check it out.

Google books has a ton of em… Though all I ever saw and read were PDF

I need to get a kindle.

I don’t have a Kindle. I just downloaded the free Kindle PC software. Works the same.

85. TN-Cat says:

RD
    Thanks for the link! What a treasure. I just downloaded Leviathon and went through chapter one. What a read!

There are about twenty others already I can’t wait to start.

Thanks again.

86. TN-Cat says:

I don’t remember if I found this as a direct link from Jim22 or through his link. But thanks Jim22.

If anyone enjoys a light read, this is very enjoyable. You have to wait for the author to post me short chapters, but it is well written.

You are welcome.