Off Topic

This off topic thread brought to you by video proof that Disney cannot screw up the Star Wars franchise any more than George Lucas already has.

Previous Off Topic Threads

110 Responses to Off Topic

It will come as no surprise that we blew the doors off our previous record comment count during October with 4,969 approved comments. That beats the previous record of 3,576 from just this last August. Obviously the debate threads had a lot to do with that.

Thank you to all who contribute and make the Revo a community.

2. fubar says:

thank YOU for providing us with a playground, venting forum, place to share ..

3. fubar says:

great cars, those fisker karmas, seems they explode and burn to the ground when submerged in salt water.

fubar –

Fisker Automotive acknowledged the incident, adding that “there were no injuries and none of the cars were being charged at the time.”

That’s awesome! You know what doesn’t explode when submerged in water?

Every single internal combustion engine on the f-king planet.

5. DarthJay says:

As bad as that Star Wars Holiday Special was – Hayden Christensen’s acting in Episode II and III still makes it look like freaking Gone With The Wind. :)

6. fubar says:

@Nota

that’s what you get on the carlot for @$100,000 these days

that, and the special warm feeling of ‘saving the planet’

7. fubar says:

NYC marathon still going on –

PRIORITIES!

8. Greg B says:

Yeh, he had to walk that one back. What a dbag.

On another note, seems kind of quiet around here lately. Is everyone just kinda wiped out?

9. BigJimTX says:

I just need some powder therapy.

10. Lerxst says:

Just remember – Han Shot First.

Clear your cache to see the new banner that will run until election day.

QUOTATION:

“Well, Doctor, what have we got—a republic or a monarchy?”

“A republic, if you can keep it.”

ATTRIBUTION:

The response is attributed to BENJAMIN FRANKLIN—at the close of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, when queried as he left Independence Hall on the final day of deliberation—in the notes of Dr. James McHenry, one of Maryland’s delegates to the Convention.
  12. Greg B says:

Love it.

13. rj says:

Love it RD

Love the new banner, bro! If you can make The Real Revo just a bit darker behind there, I say keep it up there full-time!

Yeah, I made the Revo logo light because I was thinking it was temporary. Maybe it is time for a change from the chain anyway. I will work on it.

Laid out slightly different, that would make one hell of a bumper sticker!!! Just sayin’.

Change your clocks tonight and the president on Tuesday.

RD, great work with that banner. Looks nice.

And it’s good to remind people that freedom, while our birthright, is not a guarantee. Never was. It requires active support.

How many people in the course of human history have lived and died under oppression and tyranny? However many, I guarantee you the number dwarfs how many have lived free from such.

19. jacksonsdad says:

Love the banner RD. The perfect sentiment for this crucial pivot point in this nations history.

Can we vote yet?

This is not satire. Seriously. It’s not. WTF?

How are we not defeating this campaign in 50 states?

21. RevoGirl says:

Of course you know what we’ll be doing if Romney wins…going to work, as usual! (OK, i’ll be dancing, but it will be in the privacy of my own home)

Clear your cache again. I updated the header for a more long term placement on the Revo.

23. RevoGirl says:

RD, It looks great!

Video: Legally Make your own gun (AR 10 or AR 15):

Ares Armor website has the parts:

25. Trent says:

Late on this, but good work on the banner.

Oh, and the Redskins lost. Romney is a shoe-in.

26. Greg B says:

Jim22
    Enjoyed that. Something I have been tossing around in my head for a while now.
    I have my own shop & this would be easy, but I still need to throughly research CA law.

27. MadBrad says:

Yes, yes, YES. he new banner ROCKS!!!

The other banners also rocked but this one rocks a little harder.

28. RevoGirl says:

I can’t understand Intrade…Obama still in the high 6′s. I’m really thinking it’s based outside of US and they are getting their intel from our major media. I really wish I had opened an account.

I am becoming increasingly convinced that some entity is pumping Obama dollars into Intrade to keep the Obama numbers up.

I am in for Romney $100 at $3.71.

30. Revogirl says:

The front page of the Jacksonville Times Union :”Romney up in Florida”

31. MadBrad says:

In a few minutes I will be heading out to a job interview. The company that I hope to be hired by works in the field in which I’ve made my career since 1986. This won’t be a job that will get me by until I can find something better. This is a company I can continue my career with. These folks contacted me to see if I was interested on my Birthday. It was the best Birthday gift I could have hoped for.

Any prayers that can be offered on my behalf will be greatly appreciated.

Good luck my brother.

33. John Cox says:

Good luck, Brad.

Las Vegas oddsmaker Wayne Allen Root…

“I’m predicting a 5 to 7 point popular vote victory. Electorally it won’t even be that close. Romney will win many states that went to Obama in 2008. I’m predicting Romney victories in Ohio, Florida, Colorado, Virginia, Iowa, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and Indiana. I predict a Romney victory by 100 to 120 electoral votes.”

Square that with Intrade.

35. jacksonsdad says:

Break A Leg Brad!!

Home Stretch Y’all! I Love This Country even more around election day. Even when it gets ugly we still set a great example for the world.

God Bless America, Her Citizens, Mitt Romney, Barack Obama and his family as they prepare to move.

36. John Cox says:

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him,

“Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don’t know where I am.”

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, “You’re in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above ground elevation of 2,346 feet
    above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

She rolled her eyes and said, “You must be a Republican.

“I am,” replied the man. “How did you know?”

“Well,” answered the balloonist, “everything you told me is technically correct. But I have no idea what to do with your information, and I’m
    still lost. Frankly, you’ve not been much help to me.”

The man smiled and responded, “You must be an Obama-Democrat.”

“I am,” replied the balloonist. “How did you know?”

“Well,” said the man, “you don’t know where you are — or where you are going. You’ve risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of
    hot air. You made a promise you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You’re in exactly the same position
    you were in before we met, but somehow, now it’s my fault.”

Most other bookmakers still show Obama as the odds-on favorite, especially foreigners. Just saying. Do what you want with that.

Good luck my brother! I even said a prayer for you.

Best of luck, Brad.

I like the new banner – even better than the exploding chain.

39. Locke n Load says:

Thats almost exactly as I had it mapped out RD.
    And yes, I think PA will come down to the wire, 50/50 odds we take that as well.
    Hell, I’d bet the final in Oregon is less then 2% for Obama, he is DESPISED by everyone but Portland

40. Locke n Load says:

Michigan is gonna flip too

Romney is going to win. The polls have consistently over-sampled Democrats. Even if they hadn’t, Republicans generally get a one to two percent bump on election day. No incumbent has ever won with current unemployment rates, growth rate and disapproval rating. Obviously I don’t have a crystal ball and could be wrong, but I am confident that Romney will win.

42. Locke n Load says:

I’ve been in Mi,Oh, and Pa recently and there isn’t ANY pro-Obama signage anywhere. Ask the people in central, west, SE and SW OH and they’re BEYOND fired up for Romney. Mi upstate and mid-central is pro-Romney at every small business I ran thru. Even the union shops are having trouble finding a reason to vote Obummer.
    Western PA is going to go big for Mitt and I think we’ll even take the Philly collar counties. The night will pretty much be foretold as those numbers come in.

This has all the makings of another wave election like 2010. My ONLY fear is the early voting numbers for the Repubs are cannibalizing our Tuesday turnout. Then again, if turnout tomorrow is anything like what I saw in texas, this is going to be a wipeout landslide. Mathews had better be put on suicide watch..

Those of you in urban areas, keep the clips full and your eyes open. There will be a LOT of pissed moocher thugs in the cities

43. fubar says:

Central and NE PA is gonna go ROmney. ovomit has targeted the coal industry and sealed his fate.

MBrad- Best of luck, and prayers all around -

It’s gonna be like Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day tomorrow… but for ballots instead of chicken.

45. Locke n Load says:

fubar, I can only see about 4-5 counties in all of Pa going Obummer. Wouldn’t it be hilarious to see Scranton go Romney? hehehehe

46. fubar says:

@Locke

If that would send biteme over the edge, I’m all for it! :D

47. MadBrad says:

Thank y’all for the kind thoughts & prayers. The interview went well. They are interviewing a few other people but say that I’m at the top of the list. Now I’m told that the buyout for the company I previously worked for will be complete “any day now” and that they are really looking forward to having me back. I’m having a conversation with one of the new owners later this afternoon.

The bottom line is that I can see the end of this terrible siege of unemployment is at hand.

48. Locke n Load says:

outstanding!!!

Has anyone had any experience with the free software Adblock Plus? It’s supposed to strip the annoying ads from the videos we find.

It’s available for other browsers than Firefox.

Brad,

We are still lifting your jobquest up to the Throne Room. Only He is faithful!

51. John Cox says:

Need help finding older post about liberals striving to be “indiscriminate”

52. BigJimTX says:

It’s a shame that those in the military aren’t supporting Romney.

53. DarthJay says:

@Jim22 – I’ve used it, yes. I’ve found that it does a pretty good job – but will often block the whole embedded video on the site. You just have to be vigilant about keeping your “non-block” list up-to-date.

54. BigJimTX says:

Today we celebrate 3 years since the “workplace violence” incident occurred at Fort Hood. Where is Nidal Hasan? Ah yes, still awaiting his day in court – with pay. He “allegedly” killed 13 US Soldiers and 1 unborn child and wounded 29 others.

Eight months ago S.Sgt. Robert Bales allegedly killed 16 Afghans. He is facing a preliminary hearing as of today.

Nothing to see here folks.

55. Locke n Load says:

24 hrs BJT, 24 hrs

I’m off to Ne, see ya’ll tomorrow.
    Lets keep the hangovers in check, shall we? Can’t have the proper amount of fun in line while holding your head…

56. Locke n Load says:

oh, and Soda Springs ID? thanks for the Barley!
    cute town

“Mommy, please vote for Obama. I may want to kill my daughter when I grow up.”

58. jacksonsdad says:

Today I’m gonna dig out my “Dissent Is The Highest Form Of Patriotism” shirt… I love it when stuff comes back ‘in style’.

59. jacksonsdad says:

The Flava Flav lookalike in today’s footage is one of the same guys from 2008.

No wait… perhaps he’s a (R) who underwent radical reconstructive surgery just to make (D)’s look like they’re participating in voter intimidation. Yeah… that’s the ticket!

60. Locke n Load says:

hehehe, no shit, eh?
    JD, I moved my comment over to the appropriate thread if you’re wondering where it went

Oklahoma Cop Gives 3 Yr Old a $2,500.00 Ticket For ‘Public Urination

News9.com – Oklahoma City, OK – News, Weather, Video and Sports |

62. jacksonsdad says:

I just got a phone call from the 45th President of This Great Country! He didn’t answer any of my questions (kinda rude how he just kept talking and wouldn’t let me get a word in) but DAMN! He sounded like a Prez!!

63. Locke n Load says:

well, the beer is chilling but i’ll bee driving. gotta get 600 miles in, starting now.
    gonna have to participate at high speed for a while…

64. DarthJay says:

I just spent my lunch hour on Twitter. I don’t recommend it…especially with #Vote[YouKnowWho] as a promoted tweet. Ugh – reading some of those just makes you want to scream.

Okay – leveling back down to reality…

65. Locke n Load says:

things bein as they are, i’m jkust gonna call ohio for Romney, right now :)
    52-48

I called Utah for Romney at 5:00 am this morning.

67. Greg B says:

LnL, as long as you have the theme from
    “Smokey & the Bandit” playing, you’ll be untouchable.

68. MadBrad says:

Just a little request. Embedding video that goes into automatic play mode sucks the life out of my communication assets. This happened a few minutes ago in the comment section of the Holder/Black Panther publication (I think)and I had to immediately get out of the conversation if I expect to preserve and bandwidth for later on this evening. Please just provide a link instead of an embed.

Fixed it Brad.

My bad. Please, accept my most humble apology.

NOTA! NOTA! NOTA! NOTA! NOTA!

72. Locke n Load says:

uh oh, Nota’s phone line seems to be down,,,
    maybe hes on his way to msgellans?

73. Locke n Load says:

oops, there ya are

74. John B. says:

RD Your work here is appreciated. I hope you hang in, sites like this are going to be more important than ever if this all plays out like it seems. May God bless us all individually cause it looks like He’s gonna spank us collectively.

75. A Guy says:

Election Night Open comments locked? for why?

76. fubar says:

I guess i’m not the revo inner circle. I can’t get into the election nite comments, either.

Sorry I wasn’t here last nite, our tractor blew up yesterday while grinding feed and I fell asleep early on the couch.

O/T last nite I had a census worker at my house, reasking the questions from 2010 –
    I also filled out a census regarding commerce (our business) last week, I got it in the mail, under penalty of death it had to be returned. WTF is up with that?
    taking inventory for when they start seizing shit?

77. BigJimTX says:

How do we qualify for inner circle? I made it in the song, is that good enough? :)

I can’t get into the inner circle either. I can of course view the comments from the dashboard as admin – but it doesn’t give me a login box to view the post & comments as normal. I added the comments from last night but akismet is clearing them – it’ll be a while…

79. DarthJay says:

I can use the PW to get into the post, but the comments are still blocked.

Is the password the same one related to Memphis?

81. slinger says:

I saw this posted on a sports website regarding the election results last night:

North 1
    South 0
    Halftime

Disclaimer: I am not condoning or calling for another Civil War. I just thought the comment was mildly funny.

Sorta: Yep.

DJ: Got a bug with this site theme that prevents comments in password protected posts. Have to replace the theme eventually but that is a big job.

83. DarthJay says:

Sortah, yes.

84. DarthJay says:

Hit me up if you need help. I do this stuff for a living…and now support millions with my wage. :)

I may take you up on that!

86. DarthJay says:

You should have my email address – hit me up if you need to. Glad to do what I can after all the years of sanity this blog has given me.

87. Locke n Load says:

you’re sane?

88. DarthJay says:

*Last 24 hours excluded. :)

89. Greg B says:

I just received my latest issue of Imprimis.
    The writing by Norman Podhoretz taken in context with what happened last night was deeply disturbing.
    The title this issue: Is America Exceptional?
    Alas, I think, no longer.

90. BigJimTX says:

RD, thank you for having the clarity to limit access to last night’s comments. We all understand the implications of comments made in disparity.

Thank you nota for running the show last night.

Thank you everybody else for helping to keep me sane over the past couple of months.

Had to get that out before midnight. The fight begins anew tomorrow!

91. Greg B says:

Does anyone know if that fellow who owned all the resorts make good on his promise to shut them down?

92. fubar says:

@GregB
    I don’t know about that, specifically, but i Found this:

we are talking about this now in our workplace (we employ 3 people) as well as conversations about worker’s comp. anyone have any input on this? I’m slogging thru the aetna info. on their website. barf.

93. fubar says:

so i’m thinking that my handle ‘fubar’ has a certain negative aspect to it, and it’s time to change it. any suggestions would be welcome.

94. BaconNeggs says:

Sign O the times…

Vegas Employer: Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees

fubar. How about ‘sweet sue’?

96. fubar says:

BREAKING NEWS

Petraus just quit. had his hand in the cookie jar.
    CIA Director Gen. David Petraeus has resigned from his post because of an extramarital affair, CNN is reporting.

Petraeus said in a letter obtained by CNN, “After being married for over 37 years I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair.”

Petraeus submitted his resignation to President Barack Obama on Thursday and Obama accepted it on Friday, CNN reported.

97. fubar says:

@sortah

Well! :oops:

If you change your name now it will screw up my song…I dont have the strength to do it over.

Nota- I emailed you something.

100. fubar says:

there’s this college in VT with two oxen that are no longer workable, so they were going to slaughter them for the table – as they should, but it seems the enviroweenies are not taking it too well, they want the oxen to go a “rest home”.

thug tactics with death threats and urinating on cars of school officials and local slaughterhouses, gee, where have I heard that before?